Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Legion 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun, Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Memorial Day is very fitting for this announcement: Registration will open at 10:00am (Central Time) on Saturday, June 9th, 2018. This will give you 90 days to train up once you KNOW you are in. History shows matches like this sell out quickly, so make plans to be near a computer June 9th at 10:00am Central Time.

And the Group guys want to reward those of you who took a big chance on them last year with ZERO information by opening registration a week early to anyone who attended last year's Legion Match. Watch for an email either from me or from Practiscore - if you attended last year and DON'T get an email by next weekend please email me at mstennett@twlakes.net and I'll get you set up.

In a funny twist - there's a good chance SF Recruiters will be there. Partly for my own selfish reasons, as recruiters can bring more toys off base for us to play with than normal SF guys. And partly for their own selfish reasons, as they are having trouble finding enough intelligent young fit guys to fill their roles. They said if they can run our COF that means they are fit, and if they can do it without shooting anybody they're smart. :-)

I warned them their biggest problem will be all the 40 and 50 year olds they'll have to tell over and over again "I don't care how awesome you are, you are too old to begin the training!"

As in March - there are TWO SEPARATE MATCHES for the 5k and 10k. Be sure you sign up for the right match. I also ask that you only sign up for ONE match in the first week or so to give everyone a chance to get in. If there are still slots open after the first week and you want to run BOTH the 5k and the 10k - go ahead and sign up then. Prepayment is required on registration.

Here's the 5k link: https://www.practiscore.com/5k-legio...8230;/register

And here's the 10k link: https://www.practiscore.com/10k-legi...8230;/register
    Last edited by Matt in TN; 05-28-18 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Super stoked about this. Got another swat buddy at work wanting to give this a shot. Hardest part will be getting signed up before the cutoff. Will there be an option to keep people on standby if someone had to back out last minute?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Early registration invite just went out via email to all who participated in last year's match. Let me know if you were there last year and did NOT get an email just now.

And if I catch anyone sharing or using the secret code improperly, I'm going to use you for the dummy drag BOTH days of the match!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Saturday I practiced water crossings at the Rock, and I was glad my boots were tied tightly to my feet.

I'm just sayin' -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Super stoked about this. Got another swat buddy at work wanting to give this a shot. Hardest part will be getting signed up before the cutoff. Will there be an option to keep people on standby if someone had to back out last minute?
    Sorry I missed this earlier - When you register you will either be asked to pay in full (so you'll know you made it in and confirm your slot), or put on a waitlist if the match is full. Those on the waitlist will be given slots as cancellations occur.

There's a larger chance for waitlist people to get in at the last minute for this match, as several slots are being held for active duty 5th Group personnel. Their schedules are a bit...unpredictable. So stuff happens, and usually at the last minute.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Signed up for one at the lead farm in july so that will be good practice for your match. Just trying to get some work buddies to go as I get tired of going to matches by myself and figure it will be good learning tools for them to bring back to the team.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Signed up for one at the lead farm in july so that will be good practice for your match. Just trying to get some work buddies to go as I get tired of going to matches by myself and figure it will be good learning tools for them to bring back to the team.
    Great! But you're not "by yourself" - you're surrounded by like-minded people who all want you to succeed. I've met lifelong friends at Run N Guns. Good people all around!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Reminder: Registration opens in 24 hours - Saturday morning at 10:00 am Central Time! Keep in mind three things:

1. You now need an "account" with Practiscore to log in before you can register. It's free and simple, but it takes some time to do. Don't wait until 10am tomorrow to do it.

2. The match fee must be paid in full when you register. We had several people last year sign up and not show up - which kept several other people who really wanted in from coming. Paying up front in full should help that. The cancellation policy is set in stone and non-negotiable: Full refunds will be given if you withdraw more than 30 days before the match. Half your fee will be refunded if you withdraw between 14-29 days before the match. NO REFUND will be given if you withdraw less than 14 days before the match.

3. There are TWO SEPARATE MATCHES set up in Practiscore - one for the 5k and one for the 10k. Be sure to sign up for the correct match.

Here's the link for the 5k: https://www.practiscore.com/5k-legio...-2018/register

Here's the link for the 10k: https://www.practiscore.com/10k-legi...-2018/register

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Looking forward to being a part of these when I get back on the mainland, still bummed that my boss denied my leave for it last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Looking forward to being a part of these when I get back on the mainland, still bummed that my boss denied my leave for it last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry too! Focus on kicking ass and coming home safe, and we'll be here when you get back.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast