Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Legion 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun, Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And we're open - go and get some!!!

If it fills up before you get in, be sure to sign up anyway and get on the waitlist. You will not be charged until you move off the waitlist. We're holding several slots for active 5th Group guys that may very well be released to the public later.

Last edited by Matt in TN; 06-09-18 at 10:05.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Just got signed up. Love your category descriptions. Plenty of time for me to get my butt in cardio shape.

Question? My buddy has rifle rated plates that I swear are fake since they are so light. Is there a weight limit on the armor to be used.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 06-09-18 at 10:07.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Just got signed up. Love your category descriptions. Plenty of time for me to get my butt in cardio shape.

Question? My buddy has rifle rated plates that I swear are fake since they are so light. Is there a weight limit on the armor to be used.
    No weight limit - I specifically asked the guys about this. They said they would buy and use high dollar lightweight ceramic plates too, so they'll allow them here. They do have to be rifle-rated, and the guys have already said they'll "test" them if there's any doubt. :-)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am pleased to announce High Speed Gear has joined on as a sponsor - donating a Sure-Grip belt, riggers belt, triple double-decker taco shingle, and slick plate carrier to be raffled off to benefit SFA, Chapter 38.

HSGI's Sure-Grip belt is the one I use, and is the only one I've found that holds up well to the heavy weight of all the .308 and .45ACP I carry. They make good stuff!

https://www.highspeedgear.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am thrilled to announce Alan's Arsenal LLC has just very generously joined on as the Title Sponsor! Please join me in welcoming them and thanking them for their support of the match and the Special Forces Association, Chapter 38.

And be sure to check out their website and buy lots of cool gear from them to help pay them back - this is a VERY significant donation!

http://alansarsenal.3dcartstores.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm honored to announce Spike's Tactical has jumped on board again this year as a Stage Sponsor. And nothing is for sure until match day, but it sure sounds like we'll have a 37mm Havoc with chalk rounds to incorporate into the match.

https://www.spikestactical.com/

SF makes the call in the end, but let's just pretend for a moment you had a grenade launcher you could use in a match. How would you do it???

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Only a Green Beret can call out Lanny Oakley, JP Enterprises, Bryan Ray's "lacking pistol skills" and Chris Hemsworth!

The Rockcastle Gun Show on ESPN Radio dedicated an entire hour yesterday to allow three active duty 5th Special Forces Group Green Berets to talk about the 2018 Legion 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun, presented by Alan's Arsenal and the Special Forces Association, Chapter 38.

If you're coming to this match, you NEED to download and listen to this broadcast to hear what you have coming. And if you're not coming to this match, you need to listen anyway and find out why you need to come out to Rockcastle on Sept 7 - 9 to support the SFA, shoot some awesome side matches, and rub elbows with some very impressive people.

http://rockcastlegunshow.libsyn.com/...le-gun-show-81

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    More match DOPE! Ever shoot a clay that was launched by falling steel? With your pistol? Be prepared if you're running the 10k. #runwiththelegion #strengthandhonor
    #deoppressoliber

Big thanks to WSRC Pistol and Multigun Competitions, @sig_glockincolt and @bilodeau13 for setting this up to show our shooters how it's done and that it's doable. @tacticalsht will be at the match representing our amazing sponsor pool. Better go train!

If you practice this, be sure you have a big enough backstop. Do NOT launch pistol rounds into the air willy-nilly.

Also - shotshells in your pistol (or a shotgun) is ONLY allowed for Tier 1. 45 lbs just started looking better...
    Last edited by Matt in TN; 07-03-18 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    What 5k guys don't get a shot at this challenge?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    What 5k guys don't get a shot at this challenge?
    Nothing's a done deal until match day, but in general we save the "special challenges" as a reward for guys who run twice as far.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast