Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Legion 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun, Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I have found big jugs of permethrin on amazon for around $8 and started treating the clothes I plan to wear. Thanks for the public service anouncement. Instead of spraying it on the clothes, I suggest making a bucket of the mixture and dipping your clothes in it. The diseases that ticks can carry now are not worth it. I like red meat too much to develope an allergy to it.
    Good advice, but it's too late for me. Fuggin ticks already have me eating only chicken and fish.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I have found big jugs of permethrin on amazon for around $8 and started treating the clothes I plan to wear. Thanks for the public service anouncement. Instead of spraying it on the clothes, I suggest making a bucket of the mixture and dipping your clothes in it. The diseases that ticks can carry now are not worth it. I like red meat too much to develope an allergy to it.
    Good advice, but it's too late for me. Fuggin ticks already have me eating only chicken and fish.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Happened to a k9 guy I worked with. His wasn't as bad and went away but they said the next time he would not be so lucky.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So we’re a little over a week from match day. I’m guessing several of you are second-guessing yourselves right now. Maybe you didn’t get in as much training as you’d hoped. Maybe you trained you’re a$$ off and didn’t see the results you wanted to. Maybe you’ve seen all of these crazy hints and promises about what’s to come, and are intimidated as hell about trying to do all of this while 30-ish bada$$ Special Forces soldiers and even more Run N Gun regulars stand by and watch you.

Don’t be. If you signed up and just SHOW UP to start this race, you’re already better than 90% of the shooters out there who stayed home on the couch on match day. If you FINISH, no matter how long it takes you, you’ve won. Trust me – you’ll feel it just as soon as you cross that finish line – and for many days (months?) thereafter.

At some point in the course, you will ask yourself: “Why on earth am I here? I’m not ready for this. I don’t belong here.” The dirty little secret I can promise you: EVERYONE asks themselves that at some point. You DO belong here.

The satisfaction and self-image you will get from just finishing this course will stay with you forever, and is something no one can ever take away from you. Many people have found matches like these to be a turning point in their lives, and in a year or two you may not even recognize the person you have become. Just remember - for every person you see pass you, there is someone behind you wishing they could keep up with you. Look behind you every so often just to acknowledge how far you’ve come.

And before ANYONE judges anyone else as being "too slow, too fat, or too lazy" - bite your tongue and listen to their story first. Across the country at matches like these we've had people recovering from recent strokes, heart attacks, cancer, pregnancy, amputations, and any other issue you can think of; just because "F#$K CANCER", that's why! Give them an encouraging word when you pass them - it really makes a difference.

Even better - if you pass someone really struggling on the course: finish your race, set down your gear, and run back out to find that person. You can run beside them and offer them all the words of support and encouragement that you can think of - you just can't physically help them in any way.

Let's do this.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Have you got squads figured out yet?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There are no squads in this type of match. On the morning of the match during registration, you will randomly draw your start time out of a bowl. The first runner goes out at 8:00am and then we send another out every 7 minutes after that until we're done.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sounds good

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Looking forward to hearing about his when it’s done. I’ll make it to one of these once I get back stateside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Looking forward to hearing about his when it’s done. I’ll make it to one of these once I get back stateside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'd love to have you - come home safe!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I sent an email to all competitors this morning through Practiscore with all the final details I think you need to know before the match. Let me know if you didn't get it or if you have any other questions.

And I screwed up some details using copy/paste between the two matches, so just for clarity's sake: the 5k is on Saturday, September 8th, and the 10k is on Sunday, September 9th. Sorry for the confusion!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast