Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 223 bolt action rifle with irons and detachable magazines, does this exist?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I am a HUGE 223 bolt gun guy, my favorite gun. But mine its a Rem 700 5R with NF scope. Why the issue with iron sights, why not just buy a 20 inch Colt competition or the new/old FN Military collection gun which is bad ass. Its 20 inch, takes a mag and come with iron sights?

Looks like there are options out there.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Nodak makes (or made) iron sights for Ruger Am Ranch .223.
    I heard they got bought out by PSA so not sure what their situation is currently.
    I’ve seen pics of their sites, looks nice but I think they’re clamp on. So if you’re wanting a survival rifle that can be dropped from a tree and not suffer damage, this might not be it.

For a survival rifle, I’d give the nod to AR mags for being plentiful & cheap. Heck, run a D60 drum for ‘max capacity’...

CZs are great but not cheap, mags included.

Almost bought a Mossberg MVP when I came across one super cheap on clearance at Academy Sports, but for every good post I found on one there was a bad one too.

I have a Ruger Ranch and a Predator, both are AR mag versions. No complaints. The gen II stocks are reinforced a bit better than the older ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12