Thread: Just called KAC about DSR models

Feedback Score

Just called KAC about DSR models

Just wanted to let you guys know that I spoke with Justin at KAC and he confirmed that the MLOK rail slots that are top of the integrated suppressor are NOT usable. There isn’t enough clearance between the rail and the can. This means any laser aiming devices must be placed at 12 o’clock, and any lights or grips you’d typically mount in front will need to be placed elsewhere. Also didn’t receive any timeline for when they’d be released.

I’d be down for an SR-15 DSR though....

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I spoke with them a couple of weeks ago about the SR25 DSR and I definitely want one, but unfortunately, it is a two stamp gun, so I am better off just getting an ACC and putting one of my existing 7.62 cans on it.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Unless something has changed, I have been told by several employees of KAC that the civilian DSR is not happening. I’m hoping I am wrong though. I am literally preorder #1 over at smallarmsales

Last edited by GlocksInMySocks; 04-13-18 at 16:46.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    It was discussed back in February that a complete SR25 DSR rifle option for civilian sale isn't happening. Could that change at some point in the future? Maybe. Maybe not. But given KAC's track record of saying something isn't happening for the civilian market (e.g. SR-47, KAC PDW, SR-635, no more "Christmas Cheer" runs, etc.), you can pretty much take it to the bank. The only complete DSR option available right now is the SR30, and if you really want one then now's the time. For KAC fans/collectors, best thing going right now is the limited run "Vault" release items.

ETA: Just went back and re-read the discussion that took place in the KAC group, but sales to government agencies and LE will proceed, but as far as complete rifles going out to dealers, that's just not in the plans. However, all components to put together your own DSR configuration will be made available direct through KAC or dealers, and KAC armorers will have the parts, tools necessary to perform the conversion. So not a total loss, just a long round about way of getting one if you really want it. Charlie Mike.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 04-14-18 at 11:50.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    The only DSR option available right now is the SR30, and if you really want one then now's the time.

Is the SR30 DSR indeed happening?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlocksInMySocks View Post
    Is the SR30 DSR indeed happening?
    Complete SR30 DSR uppers have been up for order/pre-order on dealer websites and on the KAC page. Had I not already invested in a Mod 1 SR30 I would've ordered one. ETA: they have complete rifles listed as an option for the SR30 on the civilian side, but then again so is the SR25 DSR, but that's been the case for a while.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 04-14-18 at 11:57.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma