Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For LightWeight 300 BlackOut Barrel Suggestions 8.5 to 10 inch

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Looking For LightWeight 300 BlackOut Barrel Suggestions 8.5 to 10 inch

Looking For LightWeight 300 BlackOut Barrel Suggestions

Right now, the BCM 300BK in 9 inch enhanced fluted is 15oz for $269 as my top contender

Would like to know if there are any other suggestions out there for a sub 1lb 8.5 to 10 inch Barrel with 1/7 or faster rifling

Feedback Score
    Faxon has a 9" "match grade" with 5R rifling. It is what I am considering...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehammer69 View Post
    Faxon has a 9" "match grade" with 5R rifling. It is what I am considering...
    Those are 1/8 twist, they are about the same weight and around $100 less than the bcm though

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't consider the BCM lightweight. Then again, at only 9", lightweight isn't really necessary, imo.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    I wouldn't consider the BCM lightweight. Then again, at only 9", lightweight isn't really necessary, imo.
    What do you consider as lightweight?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    What do you consider as lightweight?
    I've never shopped for a lightweight 9" barrel, so I don't know what would be considered lightweight. But I have that barrel and when I look at it the first thought that comes to mind is how beefy it is compared to my other rifles (a 16" BCM ELW barrel and an 11.5" BCM lightweight barrel). BCM also doesn't call that barrel lightweight. Like I said, I've never shopped for a lightweight 9" barrel, but I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't that many since a barrel that short is already going to be very lightweight.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    I've never shopped for a lightweight 9" barrel, so I don't know what would be considered lightweight. But I have that barrel and when I look at it the first thought that comes to mind is how beefy it is compared to my other rifles (a 16" BCM ELW barrel and an 11.5" BCM lightweight barrel). BCM also doesn't call that barrel lightweight. Like I said, I've never shopped for a lightweight 9" barrel, but I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't that many since a barrel that short is already going to be very lightweight.
    I've been looking and I have not found a barrel with 1/7 twist that is lighter than the 9 inch BCM 300 BLK at 15 oz (confirmed by a member on here)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ordered a 9 inch BCM Enhanced Fluted 1/7 from G and R Tactical !
    (since no alternatives surfaced that were lighter at that length and with that twist rate)

I'll updated with pics and data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Ordered a 9 inch BCM Enhanced Fluted 1/7 from G and R Tactical !
    (since no alternatives surfaced that were lighter at that length and with that twist rate)

I'll updated with pics and data

You won't regret it. It's NOT a pencil barrel. It looks like one of their ELW fluted barrels, but 9" instead of 14.5 or 16. So basically the stoutness of the ELW fluted barrel in front of the chamber but with the structural integrity of a 9" barrel.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just received the BCM 9 inch 300BLKOUT barrel.
    G and R shipped fast! Good service there!

Fluting looks nice, it's finish is not pretty - almost looks used LOL. Compared to the Spikes/FN and the TriArc barrels which were basically spotless this BCM arrived with plenty of scuffs, snail trails etc. Tiny ding on the crown. A couple scratches and a cut/ding across a flute edge.
    The barrel is dimpled for a set screw. The dimple appears huge, a bit too large and has cold bluing around it. Gas port also looks similarly large. The inside of the gas port looks quite rough too. Almost seemed threaded at first LOL.
    Weight is 14.9 oz / 424g on my scale
    Measurements and pics soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast