Thread: LMT CSW 300 BO

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

LMT CSW 300 BO

Does anyone know if these have hit the streets yet?

Any news if they will be selling just uppers or just the barrel with suppressor?

Also, will they function with a standard stock or are you stuck with the stubby stock?

IDK why, but this is the only 300 BO that really has me hyped.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    It's a slick little blaster. Not enough to sway me from my custom SR30 PDW, but if I were in the market for one today I'd take a hard look at that one.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    We brought in a CSW a couple months back to add to our demo lineup, and its very impressive so far. I was exactly like you and not really interested in the 300blk sbr lineup...until I got a closer look at the CSW. Now in full disclosure this rifle is our first platform in 300blk - so I really dont have any experience to reference a comparison vs other 300blk SBRs. I'm also finding that the ammo expenditures with this gun are much higher than our 556 SBRs...partly due to the ammo cost, and partly due to the fact that everyone who shoots this CSW keeps putting rounds through it. A Lot of rounds.
    we are new to the social media sites, but we have a more detailed review (accuracy, ammo types, etc) of our first couple range sessions with it on our fb and insta pages.
    www.facebook.com/SentinelMN
    www.instagram.com/sentinel.mn
    I can post the same review in another reply if thats easier here.

at our evals Its always an attention-hog for any of the LE teams, and they spend a lot of time fondling and shooting it...but I really dont think it will ever be applicable in that setting simply due to cost ($4000 MSRP). I am putting in another order in a few weeks for 5 more CSWs (private non-LE customers), and thats exactly where I think the bulk of our CSW sales will be.
    Its a 2 stamp rifle (SBR/Suppressor), tends to be on the heavy side, but is very compact and very impressive when shooting for speed. Had 1 malfunction in the first mag or so (FTE), but since we've gone 3700-4000 rounds without an issue. we've kept it relatively clean, but it doesn't seem to gum up any more than our other suppressed SBRs. Very tight gun, always sends brass out at 4:00 (subs or supers), quick shooting and sounds really good with subs - OK with supers. Ours also wears a Steiner light/laser set up out front, and im sure that helps to keep the muzzle down when shooting for speed. The vertical grip I like to buttress my hand and helps keep me from sending a few fingers downrange when I shoot it. It does get hot when you put 6 or 7 mags through it at speed, so the vert grip helps there also.

We had several customers who had put deposits down on Larue's new Suppressed Upper (SUURGE), and after shooting the CSW they pulled their deposits and ordered the LMT - now in fairness the SUURGE uppers hadn't shipped yet, but these guys shot the CSW and couldn't imagine not buying one...even with the hassle of 2 stamps and extra cost vs the Laure. We love Laure rifles (and DD, and BCM)...but based on the rifles we've brought in lately, LMT just seems to be on top of their game right now.

Im not certain on the stock question but will check later this weekend and see...my initial guess is that it must be used with the stock it comes with. The LMT BUIS that comes with it are really nice, and seem like a more refined version of the BUIS on the Tavor. This is the first of several LMT suppressed platforms they are rolling out this year. in May we will also be getting their 762 over the barrel model, and are really looking forward to the LMT integral 556, and flush mount 556 models as soon as they are ready to send them to us. The CSW (from what we've been told) can be converted to an integrally suppressed 556 model with a barrel and BCG swap...but I can't say for certain until I have it in my hands.

Here are some pics:

IMG_0175.jpg

F35E69CE-0095-478B-A867-B625D3CB08D1.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Not much more than a couple months working with this gun, but its certainly occupying every "if I can have only 1" list for me.
    I hope this helps, and I'll take a look at that stock and get back to you.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Wow. That setup looks really slick. My interest is piqued more than ever.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Below I added some pics from our first outing a couple months ago with the CSW just to show what we wanted to establish as a baseline for accuracy. others on this forum have a lot of experience with 300blk, but I dont and needed to start from scratch - plus I was curious to see what the CSW was capable of with some commonly available rounds. We have a lot of confidence in the 556 SBRs in our lineup for accuracy, but this CSW is a different animal.

shots at 30 yards were deliberate and not rushed (about 1/second). Ive since swapped the MRO to an Aimpoint T2 because the dot seems so much smaller and contained to my eyes. After the first group upper left, I made an adjustment and finished the series with the point of aim the lower right corner of the box.

Attachment 51679

the Hornady 110 supers had very good groups from a sandbag/sitting position:

Attachment 51680

I didn't take any pics of the subs at 100yds, but even though the drop was extreme (If I remember correctly, 8") the groups were also tight.
    Since we took these pics, this CSW is MOA (or close to it) with 4 other brands of decent factory ammo we've tried (even cheaper S&B and Magtech supers). The hornady 110 vmax is what I'll keep it adjusted to at 100yds - The distance to the barn from basement door happens to be 90 yards, so this CSW will get a chance to put down some coyotes/fox/racoons/varmints soon now that the snow is finally melting (Minnesota...somebody has to live here I guess). I did also recently add an SSA trigger to the CSW (although the trigger was stock for probably the first 2000 rounds), and the trigger guard it wears is the Troy.

I looked into the stock question and added pics below. A Larue, LMT Sopmod, colt/M4 stock, and a BCM stock all worked fine - but the limitation on any of these standard stocks is the short distance between fully compact and fully extended. Note that you give up quite a bit in terms of its compact design if you ditch the stock it normally wears.

Here is how much difference there is between the 2 LMT stocks on the CSW:

Attachment 51676

pic comparing the shortest and longest adjustments for the standard LMT sopmod stock when installed on the CSW it only extends about 1.5" so there isnt much difference and it almost becomes a fixed-stock:

Attachment 51678

just now Ive just test fired some rounds through the CSW with the standard sopmod stock and it feels really good coming up for aimed shots, but since it feels very close, I will keep the shorter stock on. as you can see, I dont need much arm-twisting to find an excuse to shoot this rifle.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    UPDATE:

I finally got my tax stamps back on this rifle and boy so far what a let down. I have ran 3 different known good subsonic rounds through this rifle and every shot is about on par with a 16” 9mm pistol carbine with no can shooting 147gr SS ammo. It is just about at the verge of not being hearing safe to me with SS ammo and my hearing sucks. Maybe I got a dud made on Friday afternoon. I plan on calling LMT tomorrow to see what is up. Sucks waiting a year and $400 in tax stamps for this type of rifle and it working out this way. I have many different cans and have been around pretty much everything out there suppressed wise to know something is not right on this one.

I’ll update when I know more.