Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Barrel Length for Next SBR?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A part of my earlier post is confusing as written. Here is the post again with clarifications.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A heavier buffer will help an overgassed AR, but won't fix the problem.

I did not test the 6933 unsuppressed with anything but the H buffer. It worked without feeling overgassed but I think it would have been better with a Sprinco blue spring and/or an H2.

Suppressed, the 6933 upper was overgassed regardless of which buffer was used. I fitted the upper with a .063" micro port from BRT and it helped tremendously, but I'm thinking I want to go smaller. The suppressed 6933 works better with the A5H2 buffer than it does the H2.

So, the answer is, unsuppressed the 6933 upper should be fine with an H2, A5H2 or rifle buffer. However, suppressed the H2, A5H2 and rifle buffers aren't enough. The gas drive of the 6933 needs to be reduced when a suppressor is used. If you want or need a buffer as heavy as an H3, switch to an A5 RE and use the A5H2 buffer and Sprinco green spring for better performance.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 04-23-18 at 14:46.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A part of my earlier post is confusing as written. Here is the post again with clarifications.

Great info. Exactly what I am looking for - thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345