Thread: Registered Receiver Question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Registered Receiver Question

So I’m getting the machine gun itch, I was originally looking at the RDIAS because I like using my AX556 lowers and there is one dude on YouTube who was running that combo. That said, no way I can justify spending 35-40K on one. I’d also put a Colt M-16 lower at too high of a price for what I’m willing to pay, I’m sure it’s a great “investment”, but I can’t see myself ever selling it (I also plan to buy an SMG, but that decision seems much easier), I want this to shoot.

So that leaves me with either a factory machine gun Colt 614 (if I can find one), probably at the upper end of what I’d want to spend or an Olympic Arms, Sendra, Colt Sporter or whatever other conversions are available out there. I’m also considering a RLL because I can run it in an AX556, but from what I’ve gathered, sounds like a lot of BS associated with it, far from ideal and probably over priced for what it is. So this leaves me with a few questions for you guys who know about this stuff.

1. I plan to put all new lower parts on the receiver, VLTOR A5, Geissele SSF, Geissele maritime bolt catch, etc (all quality parts). Would this devalue a Colt 614? I’m guessing changing the parts on a Colt M-16 would devalue it, am I correct?

2. More than likely I’ll be sending a converted lower to M60Joe and/or US anodizing (unless I end up with a Colt 614) to make sure the lower would be in good shape (brought in to spec and reanodized). What concerted lowers are considered to be more favorable? Is there like an order? Make Colt Sporter>Sendra>Olympic Arms (my order may be way off, which is why I am asking)?

3. Any advice in finding deals on RRs? I live in Naples, FL & I’m always in Miami, so Ruben is always an option, but from what I hear his prices aren’t the greatest (although compared to Only The Best in Broward his prices seem reasonable, relative to the market).

Thank you guys in advance.
    Last edited by PatrioticDisorder; 04-21-18 at 08:56.