Thread: Opinions about Glock After-Market Triggers

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Opinions about Glock After-Market Triggers

I'd like to pick the brains of the more experienced Glock gurus on this forum. I prefer a flat-face trigger shoe in my Glocks and when I swap out the trigger in my Glock, I only swap out the trigger shoe using those from companies that themselves are installing their flat face shoe on Glock OEM parts, not changing those parts, some polish them. And most offer a new connector.

But I never touch any of the internal springs in my Glocks. In the past I've dabbled with swapping out all the springs and pushing the Glock to the point of failure, but now I'm content simply to change out the trigger shoe and stick with Glock OEM parts. I do use the connectors from various companies when I buy their trigger groups.

Here's my questions, I've never had any problems with my Glocks if I stick only with swapping out the trigger itself, the only time I've had failures is when I've jumped in the deep end with ZEV parts, springs, etc. etc. This is when I've had issues.

But lately I've been reading about people who have problems with JUST the aftermarket trigger shoes, etc. But since it is hard to gauge the accuracy of Internet chatter, what is the sense of facts here when it comes to swapping out just the trigger shoe, sticking with Glock OEM parts otherwise, and maybe swapping out the connector?

Thanks for any insight or comments here.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I have swapped out the connector and trigger (still on a Glock trigger bar) on 2 Glocks and it has never been an issue. Even with testing out a couple other spring changes I have never had any failures.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://overwatchprecision.com

Simply the best! I have them on a 19 and a 47.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd501 View Post
    http://overwatchprecision.com

Simply the best! I have them on a 19 and a 47.
    I have Overwatch in one of my Glocks and you are right, it is a nice trigger. Honestly, I can't tell much difference between any of the quality aftermarket triggers that I install without messing with any springs anywhere.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Overwatch Precision. Using a DAT 2 with their Coated OEM trigger bar.
    Last edited by ggammell; 04-21-18 at 14:13. Reason: F’n autocorrect
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Overwatch Precision. Using a DAT 2 with thier OEM by Coates trigger bar.
    Thanks for the comment, would you mind translating, "using a DAT 2 with their OEM by Coates trigger bar"? Thanks amigo.

Ah...yes! Got it. Call me crazy but I am a believer in redundancy. I have two G17s, two G19s and two G26s and I have ordered OW triggers for one of each of the two, Gen 5.

Because two is one and one is none and six are ... well....maybe a bit OCD.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HummerM4 View Post
    Thanks for the comment, would you mind translating, "using a DAT 2 with their OEM by Coates trigger bar"? Thanks amigo.
    Fixed it. Victim of autocorrrect.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Here's 27 pages of info to digest on flat faced Glock triggers of all shapes, sizes, and makes.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...nd-come-inside
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO