Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Battle Of The High End LPVO (UPDATE: Purchase Made)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Was wondering which ones are the closest to 1x?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 81mmcat View Post
    Was wondering which ones are the closest to 1x?
    For the money the primary arms new predator ffp is the closest ive seen

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    There are none that are true 1x

Some are much better than others. Once you adjust the diopter on a kahles k16i, it is very very very close to 1x, bordering on my saying it is a true 1x. Between Slippers, a few other friends, and my own purchases I’ve looked through most all of the optics being discussed, to include the S&B Short Dot CC.

The kahles and SD CC are best in class for true 1x.

Unfortunately the 1-8 SD reticle and illumination leave much to be desired in my opinion.

I’m hoping my NF ATACR 1-8 arrives soon. I look forward to comparing it to my kahles k16i and a friend’s 1-8 SD CC.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 04-28-18 at 13:10.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    I have not used that model. I was just getting ready to order a nf 1-8. Sprung for this in tan off of ebay. Will report back on the 1x. (This gives me a scientific reason to spend $3200)

You purchased a S&B 1-8 SD CC off eBay and paid $3200? Out of curiosity, why not go to one of the well known s&b vendors like EuroOptic?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    You purchased a S&B 1-8 SD CC off eBay and paid $3200? Out of curiosity, why not go to one of the well known s&b vendors like EuroOptic?
    i have ebay cash from selling and buying and recieved almost $150 off the purchase.

Last edited by TacticalFun; 04-28-18 at 13:56.
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Also i have never purchased from EuroOptic. I buy from optics planet sometimes

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    FWIW EuroOptic has an eBay store, as do several other big name on-line vendors such as Optics Planet, SWFA, Primary Arms, Botach, etc. Some use a different eBay specific seller identity, an alias for a lack of better terms, rather than their known on-line vendor name.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    FWIW EuroOptic has an eBay store, as do several other big name on-line vendors such as Optics Planet, SWFA, Primary Arms, Botach, etc. Some use a different eBay specific seller identity, an alias for a lack of better terms, rather than their known on-line vendor name.
    Interesting. I don’t use eBay for anything. Ever. For large ticket items, I always deal directly with a vendor.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 04-29-18 at 07:09.

Feedback Score
    On the VX6 I looked through, the glass is just okay, on the low end it does not seem like true 1x to me, and has edge distortion.
    I have 2 of these and can't discern any edge distortion on either. I admit, I haven't looked through $3000 glass but these seem to be as clear as my Swaro SLC binocs, Leica's, NF or any other glass I've looked at. Maybe not true 1x but close enough for me, it doesn't give me a headache nor do I notice it. What means more to me is the eye box, FOV and how easy they are to get on target.

But I had the Trijicon Accupower 1-4 out yesterday and its moving up on my list of favorites.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My mk6 1-6 had the best 1x performance. My k16i was the best optically and had huge fov on 1x.
    I feel that the nightforce 1-8 nxs has a lot to offer from what I've seen. Not the least, footprint.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast