Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Battle Of The High End LPVO (UPDATE: Purchase Made)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    FWIW EuroOptic has an eBay store, as do several other big name on-line vendors such as Optics Planet, SWFA, Primary Arms, Botach, etc. Some use a different eBay specific seller identity, an alias for a lack of better terms, rather than their known on-line vendor name.
    I’d be afraid that I would select the fake, rip-off “Perpetrator of the Fraud” optics dealer posing as a legit optics dealer like SWFA, than the actual/legitimate company operating with a pseudonym. I mean in terms of that kind of luck - I gots it by the metric ton. Lol
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    My mk6 1-6 had the best 1x performance. My k16i was the best optically and had huge fov on 1x.
    I feel that the nightforce 1-8 nxs has a lot to offer from what I've seen. Not the least, footprint.
    In your opinion, between Kahles 16i and Nightforce NX8, which has the better eye box at 1x? Which reticle is easiest to pick up?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have owned most of the scopes that have been mentioned. Most all of them have up sides and downsides. The Swaro and the Kahles are probably the best in true optical performance, but are not as durable for hard use as some others. The Vortex razor offers most of what the kahles and Swaro do at a much lower price. The Razor is super durable, but heavy like a brick. I really like the Trijicon scopes they are clear, durable, and lighter weight. However Trijicon does not have a good reticle choice and their illumination sucks. The TR24 with the triangle is a really good choice for a short to midrange choice. The only downside i found was there was no ability to holdover. The PST G2 is really nice for the price. I also liked the stieiner except it was not adjustable to true 1x. It did have a usable reticle and good illumination the Leupold VX6 had good illumination, but small FoV. I have also done the Aimpoint with 3x magnifier. It works fine, but it also has a small FoV and really small eye box. My current setups are Razor on my 16”, PST G2 on my 14.5”, Aimpoint with 3x mag on my 10.5, and a RMR on my 5” 9mm. I really wish Trijicon could make a scope with a usable reticle and good illumination.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    In your opinion, between Kahles 16i and Nightforce NX8, which has the better eye box at 1x? Which reticle is easiest to pick up?
    I've no experience with the NX8, so I wont opine. The footprint is smaller than the 1 to 4 though, and the dot is reported to all to be daylight bright. I'm sorely tempted, but I'm messing with NFA shotgun stuff right now. I'll go back to rifles in a bit. I need to find another unicorn to keep my Hodge mod 2 14.5 company next year! I also want a Mod3B. And a wrx sti if they redesign it in 2021. And other stuff. But right now, I'm waiting on my 14" Benelli and buying the 7 acres adjacent to me, doubling my waterfront footage and tripling my cleared front lawn space.
    Last edited by WS6; 04-29-18 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Lol that was more directed toward the OP. Truth be told, I was never really into NightForce optics. In fact, the 1-8x ATACR will be my first.
    I’ve never owned one either but there has been a lot of excitement and over the 1-8 ATACR. I’ve got a couple of friends who are pretty excited to get their hands on that optic. You should post some pics and thoughts on it after you’ve ran yours a while..
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glockshooter View Post
    the Leupold VX6 had good illumination, but small FoV.
    I don't consider 116' @100 yards a small FOV

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    I don't consider 116' @100 yards a small FOV
    When you are talking K16i though, comparing the two makes you feel different. ,

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I’ve never owned one either but there has been a lot of excitement and over the 1-8 ATACR. I’ve got a couple of friends who are pretty excited to get their hands on that optic. You should post some pics and thoughts on it after you’ve ran yours a while..
    Oh for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The advertised number vs the actual use didn’t seem to match. I always felt like i was looking through a tube. Leupold makes good stuff i just was a fan of the two VX6 models i had.

Feedback Score
    In LPVOs, if money is not the #1 criteria, this is my short list. Based on 15+ years of using different evolutions of LVPOS, starting from the Leupold CQT and the gen 1. S&B Short Dot:

1-6x Kahles K16i with G4B reticle or Swarovski Z6i with BRT-I reticle

1-8x Swarovski Z8i with BRT-I

This is not a knock on Vortex, Nightforce etc, I have not used them apart from quick shots on the range at various events.

I have put tens of thousands of rounds through the S&B Short Dot family, Kahles and Swarovski models.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast