Thread: Night Vision Qualification Course - Request for Information

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Night Vision Qualification Course - Request for Information

Gents,

My department is slowly coming around to the NVG/NODs shift in LE Tactical Operations. That being said, I am working on creating a qualifications course to ensure that the end-user is utilizing the equipment effectively and can display an satisfactory level of proficiency.

Can any of you assist me by providing similar style firearms course of fire / qualifications course (specifically created to be shot under NODs) that you may have utilized (currently or in the past) at either your department and/or in training courses you may have attended? Anything would help me in this effort.

If you send me a DM, I will forward you my official work email so you can feel comfortable distributing.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

HSD
    "Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of lambs."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is there any reason you can’t shoot your regular qual only using NODs? Do you have a different qual for red dot/optic than you do for iron sights?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We'd like to create a course that specifically addresses NODs in conjunction with IR designators. While there is a good argument for simply utilizing the current rifle/pistol course, we'd like to make a more "job specific qual."
    "Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of lambs."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What exactly are you looking for with “job specific”?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would consult the larger (i.e. Higher optempo) departments in Texas on what they do. I'm sure Dallas, Houston, DPS, and the FBI would be willing to share training, lessons learned, and courses with you. I'd also look to see what non-shooting training they do with NVGs.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.