View Poll Results: What companies Hunting Camo do you wear?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Realtree AP/APG/Xtra/etc

16 20.51%
  • Mossy Oak Breakup/Obsession/etc

12 15.38%
  • Sitka Optifade/Subalpine/etc

11 14.10%
  • Kuiu Vias/Verde/Verde(2.0)

6 7.69%
  • Badlands Approach

0 0%
  • Cabelas Instinct/Zone/etc

3 3.85%
  • Kryptek Highlander/Altitude/etc

7 8.97%
  • Under Armor Ridge Reaper/etc

2 2.56%
  • No camo. Solids.

8 10.26%
  • Other..

33 42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What hunting camouflage do you use?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)

What hunting camouflage do you use?

What camo does everyone use? I know every single company is now making their own camo as they were sick of paying Realtree or Mossy Oak for the rights. Before I even considered using camo, I was the jeans/snow pants and blaze orange hunter. Throw in a little carhartt and other wool items and an iron site 30-30 or 30-06 and that was me 20+ years ago. The first few things I bought in camo were Mossy Oak and then quickly discovered Realtree was a better product. To me at least. It seemed that most every hunting company used Realtree or Mossy and you could go to pretty much any clothing and hunting apperal company and get what you wanted. Fast forward to 2018 and we now have 100 camo patterns from 100 different companies, and some only offering their own camo. For example if you liked one companies product and technology, you may be stuck with their camo. I love Badlands packs, and for a long while I was able to get them in my camo of choice, Realtree AP. Now, they only offer them in Approach camo, and that may deter folks from buying that product. Kuiu and Sitka have some great stuff and awesome products, but again, your are limited to their camo patterns. I have started going away from Realtree the last few years as I haven't been able to find the items specific to my needs in their camo for big game hunting. Camo for the most part, I believe is in the hunters head when game is looking your way. I say, whatever gives you the confidence to get close and make the shot. Bow hunting I put much more stock in my camo for whatever reason. I have shot plenty of elk and deer in 100 percent blaze orange too.

I know there are different camos from each manufacture and depends on what type of hunting your doing. What camo brand from what company do you wear, and is it because of the product they offer, or do you settle on the pattern even though the product may lack a feature or two you wanted?

For me, Realtree was my go to for a long time. My last go around I bought sitka and Kuiu gear. (This year) Probably the last $3k of product has been of theirs. I wanted to buy Arteryx rain gear but did not because there were no camo choices, and then First light rain gear but did not because of the horrific camo patterns. Bought Sitka and Kuiu sets instead.

What do you guys say? I know for me I wear multiple brands currently, and for sure don't wear others, so you can vote for more then one. I voted Realtree, Sitka, Kuiu. Everything else is long gone or donated. Only pick what you currently wear.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-24-18 at 12:37.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    I wear realtree xtra. Seems effective enough for treestand use.
    Kuiu looks very effictive.
    If i was ground hunting, id probably buy a ghillie suit.
    Im no expert or even as hardcore at hunting as id like to be at some point.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I wear realtree xtra. Seems effective enough for treestand use.
    Kuiu looks very effictive.
    If i was ground hunting, id probably buy a ghillie suit.
    Im no expert or even as hardcore at hunting as id like to be at some point.
    Bring that bow out to CO and we can go chase some bulls up in the timber.

I really like Xtra. Very useful here in CO and I have many pieces. I would actually keep using it, and the realtree AP if I could get some of the items I was after in those patterns. I have some of the max 1 for when I'm in a bunch of sage brush type of areas. But the Subalpine from Sitka kinda fits that role also. I have a hard time finding 33 Tall pants, and the timberline pant from Sitka comes in that size, so I went that direction.

But seriously, OTC bull tags, late August through September. Not easy, but an experience.

Feedback Score
    You’re killing me. How many days is enough to be worth it? I only have so many Vacation days left.
    Archery elk hunt IS top 3 on my bucket list. How far Out should I to be proficient to?

Now that i think about it, mine may he AP.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-24-18 at 17:56.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    You’re killing me. How many days is enough to be worth it? I only have so many Vacation days left.
    Archery elk hunt IS top 3 on my bucket list. How far Out should I to be proficient to?

Probably opening week is your best chance of filling.
    I take a week vacation and then hunt the following 3 weekends. But really anytime early September is good. If you can hit a paper plate every time at 60, you won't have an issue. I don't take shots longer then that. Wouldn't be uncommon to get within 20 yards.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I focus more on the piece of clothing and its material than camo pattern. Ive worn sitka, kuiu, kryptek. Camo and solids. I prefer solid colors.

Feedback Score
    Since you said you carried 30/30_30/06 I assume you mean camo for deer ,if so the main thing that spooks deer is glowing camo or should I say ultra vilot glow so what ever you do be sure to wash it in non brightening soap . That said i do like real tree AP but no matter the pattern it has to match the background and break up your sihouett and the Best way to do that is to wear large pattern camo one brown and one black glove gray facemask and orange shirt with one yellow and one brown sleeve and green pants will get you laughed at in deer camp but would break up your silhouette better than anything you can buy .I don't go that far but I do mix up my camo patterns light camo shirt dark camo pants one dark glove one light and it does help

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ozarkpugs; 04-24-18 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you all.

As a hunter who never worried about camo or the like, this is plump with information already.

Learned a lot here and a short amount of time.

Feedback Score
    The deer in my area prefer to wear just a reddish brown in the summertime and a slightly more grayish hue in the wintertime. They sure can disappear well in the woods when they aren't moving around.
    Myself, anything Mossy Oak appeals to me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bowhunting the northeast USA with hardwood ridges intermixed w/ brushy swales ... I find that any of the larger patterns like ASAT Tan to be phenomenal!

EBA77FAF-8585-4C05-B25F-AC71A9A76047.jpg
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast