View Poll Results: What companies Hunting Camo do you wear?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Realtree AP/APG/Xtra/etc

16 20.51%
  • Mossy Oak Breakup/Obsession/etc

12 15.38%
  • Sitka Optifade/Subalpine/etc

11 14.10%
  • Kuiu Vias/Verde/Verde(2.0)

6 7.69%
  • Badlands Approach

0 0%
  • Cabelas Instinct/Zone/etc

3 3.85%
  • Kryptek Highlander/Altitude/etc

7 8.97%
  • Under Armor Ridge Reaper/etc

2 2.56%
  • No camo. Solids.

8 10.26%
  • Other..

33 42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What hunting camouflage do you use?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't think I own a single item in a hunting camo pattern. Instead, I tend to wear a variety of military patterns or even solid colors.

I tend to hunt quite a bit with military surplus rifles, and, since I'm a reenactor, I tend to match my clothing with whatever rifle I'm using. SMLE? WWI British khaki. M1 Garand? WWII GI uniform. Krag? Span-Am get up. It usually works, and the wool tends to work quite well in the December/January hunting seasons.

If I hunt with some of my more modern rifles, I'll wear modern camo of one sort or another. MultiCam, MARPAT, BDU, Rhodesian Brushstroke, and All Terrain Tiger Stripe have all hit the field the last couple of years. It's interesting because it gives me a chance to see/feel how the camo and gear does in the field. MultiCam works great in KS fall/winter, as does Rhodesian Brushstroke and surprisingly MARPAT. BDUs tend to be too dark, in my opinion. The deer were unable to comment, however.

The last two years, I've successfully used Rhodesian Brushstroke, Multicam, WWII British Jungle Green/tropical battle dress, and BDUs hunting. We'll see what next year brings.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Another AZ guy here.

I believe that most camo patterns will work. And the comment above about movement getting you busted is truth. I have had animals stare at me for literally minutes trying to figure out what they are looking at while I stood rock still and I got away with it. This has happened with a few different camo patterns.

For me it is about garment performance. Are the pockets in the right places, deep enough, are the snaps and zippers quiet, is the fabric quiet? No shine and no UV as mentioned.

I need it to wick sweat and vent moisture and keep me dry when it rains or snows. We have light precipitation on our hunts so long term downpour performance is less important to me.

So a little Sitka and a little Kuiu and a few oddball pieces over the years I'll cob together whatever makes sense for the particular hunt. Maybe some REI fleece mid layer, I also have a cheap Cabelas fleece hat and gloves in commodity grade un named camo that work just fine.

Use Kuiu Verde in the woods, Sitka Optifade Open Country in the high country.

Being able to layer up and down matters a lot to me as we spend time both moving around, and still glassing at altitude (say 8000' plus) where weather can be highly variable.

On balance I probably prefer the designs of the Sitka offerings a bit better.

With all that said, there are a lot of quality offerings out there. My boys (who outgrow stuff too fast to justify high dollar gear) do just fine with rack grade offerings from Cabelas and Sportsmans and even Bass Pro.

The answer "back east" is probably different.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 12-20-21 at 20:45.

Feedback Score
    Bow hunting I wear mostly Realtree. Gun season we have to wear a blaze orange hat or vest. Deer cant see orange if you don't move. I have had deer come right to me while I had an orange vest on. In my blind I wear all black. Hat, facemask, and shirt or coat.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456