View Poll Results: What companies Hunting Camo do you wear?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Realtree AP/APG/Xtra/etc

16 20.51%
  • Mossy Oak Breakup/Obsession/etc

12 15.38%
  • Sitka Optifade/Subalpine/etc

11 14.10%
  • Kuiu Vias/Verde/Verde(2.0)

6 7.69%
  • Badlands Approach

0 0%
  • Cabelas Instinct/Zone/etc

3 3.85%
  • Kryptek Highlander/Altitude/etc

7 8.97%
  • Under Armor Ridge Reaper/etc

2 2.56%
  • No camo. Solids.

8 10.26%
  • Other..

33 42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What hunting camouflage do you use?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkpugs View Post
    Since you said you carried 30/30_30/06 I assume you mean camo for deer ,if so the main thing that spooks deer is glowing camo or should I say ultra vilot glow so what ever you do be sure to wash it in non brightening soap . That said i do like real tree AP but no matter the pattern it has to match the background and break up your sihouett and the Best way to do that is to wear large pattern camo one brown and one black glove gray facemask and orange shirt with one yellow and one brown sleeve and green pants will get you laughed at in deer camp but would break up your silhouette better than anything you can buy .I don't go that far but I do mix up my camo patterns light camo shirt dark camo pants one dark glove one light and it does help

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Yes 20+ years ago in MN we only hunted deer and coons for the most part. 30-30 lever action was an easy grab and go rifle at the time. These guns sit in the safe these days and the magnums and the bows get used exclusively. 300 Win mags, 300 short mags. Sometimes I take out the 7mm mag for mule deer.

Now if I'm hunting whitetail it's with a bow. I get into a lot of different parts of the county now to hunt. Usually deer in GA, AL, MN, TX, KS, and here in CO. Elk here in CO. And of course each has a different landscape and choice of camo. But as you said for realtree AP covers a lot of bases. And that is still my favorite camo. But as you know, not much new gear is in that pattern unless you stocked up a few years ago.

I don't know about everyone else, but soon as April / May roll around, I start getting all fired up about hunting for the season, planning, gearing up, and getting in better shape for the hunts.

Turkey season started last week here. Just another thing to get me excited for the season..

These are taken right outside the house just in the last week...

IMG-20180416-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180419-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180417-WA0012.jpg
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-25-18 at 08:30.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Voted Kryptec Highlander. My wife got me a set for my birthday before last years elk hunt so I have been using it. Works pretty well for my part of Northern AZ. Prior to that I just wore olive drab, green or brown pants and shirts. Figure I'll use it again this year.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I live and hunt in AZ, so most of my hunting is high and low desert, ponderosa and scrub. Natural Gear's original pattern worked well for me for many years, but all of got old, faded and pretty well worn out so I started using Multicam. My Natural Gear stuff was primarily denim and cotton based - antiques compared to the newer nylons, polyesters, micro fleece, merino blends, etc. I've noticed no difference whatsoever in the visual performance on game, however I have noticed how much better I feel, move and sound, generally speaking, with the newer, "higher-tech" fabrics and modern fit.

That said, I have my eyes on Kuiu Vias, but it's so expensive it'll take me a while to swallow that pill. Someday I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 11-14-19 at 09:21.

Feedback Score
    Carhartt brown chore jacket for prairie grass, Real tree of what ever pattern for the timber or Carhartt jacket for it too. Wrangler riggs ranger pants in slate or dark Kaki. I use the Carhartt and Wrangler because it is versatile and can be used for work and hunting.
    Last edited by farmhard; 04-25-18 at 14:01.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Yes 20+ years ago in MN we only hunted deer and coons for the most part. 30-30 lever action was an easy grab and go rifle at the time. These guns sit in the safe these days and the magnums and the bows get used exclusively. 300 Win mags, 300 short mags. Sometimes I take out the 7mm mag for mule deer.

Now if I'm hunting whitetail it's with a bow. I get into a lot of different parts of the county now to hunt. Usually deer in GA, AL, MN, TX, KS, and here in CO. Elk here in CO. And of course each has a different landscape and choice of camo. But as you said for realtree AP covers a lot of bases. And that is still my favorite camo. But as you know, not much new gear is in that pattern unless you stocked up a few years ago.

I don't know about everyone else, but soon as April / May roll around, I start getting all fired up about hunting for the season, planning, gearing up, and getting in better shape for the hunts.

Turkey season started last week here. Just another thing to get me excited for the season..

These are taken right outside the house just in the last week...
    Sounds about right for Minnesota:

Here's in my front yard all last season. Sucked, pre-rut/during rut, they were super active early 2am-ish mornings.

Here's a lot of the good footage I got last year.

Oh, and all I know is I am doing my Wife's uncle proud and scoring one this year with the rifle I picked up from him.

I don't own any Magnums/308s. Nothing, at the moment. Only bolt gun I have is a Nagant. Which, ultimately, works wonders on deer. But all I, seem to have, is steel core at the moment. I usually end up popping off my brass cased/lead ammo to clear out the corrosive powders left over. Get's the majority of it, water/windex finishes the rest off.

More on topic: Looks like I will be picking up some assorted pieces of camo this year, while I can, and try it for the next seasons.

Spring Turkey opened Today for us. But, it's lottery/surplus. And North-East MN doesn't see a whole ton of them. If I drive about 25 minutes, I can find some. But small packs, and smart insightful bastards they are.

Last edited by HeruMew; 04-25-18 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    M81 Woodland - TruSpec and 5.11 are both making some now. Got a pair of M81 Woodland 5.11 Pants and a M65 Field Jacket in Woodland with a Blaze Orange Hoodie underneath jacket. Hoodie is up, counts as my Orange that way lol. If its warm enough I don't need the field jacket, then its just the pants and orange hoodie.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes, its much more about the hunters desire. Im more concerned with fit and technical qualities. Im in AZ so Sitka has served me well. But for true waterproof, Sitka is pricey and may be over priced. I have a lot of Cabelas stuff and their own stuff is good.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mossy Oak Bottomland if hunting flooded timber or deer. Realtree Max4 or Mossy Oak Shadowgrass if hunting fields.

Feedback Score
    Whatever camo you want. I don't think it matters most of the time. Especially since I've had to wear full blaze orange vest and hat. I've killed whitetail, mule deer, elk, and caribou while wearing blue jeans and a blaze orange vest. I don't have any experience to prove it matters at all to the animals. Use whatever you like.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    ASAT tops from First Lite. Solid color pants from Sitka due to fit and quality. Predator Spring Green as a backup. ASAT and Predator has served me well from Alaska to Africa

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast