View Poll Results: What companies Hunting Camo do you wear?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Realtree AP/APG/Xtra/etc

16 20.51%
  • Mossy Oak Breakup/Obsession/etc

12 15.38%
  • Sitka Optifade/Subalpine/etc

11 14.10%
  • Kuiu Vias/Verde/Verde(2.0)

6 7.69%
  • Badlands Approach

0 0%
  • Cabelas Instinct/Zone/etc

3 3.85%
  • Kryptek Highlander/Altitude/etc

7 8.97%
  • Under Armor Ridge Reaper/etc

2 2.56%
  • No camo. Solids.

8 10.26%
  • Other..

33 42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What hunting camouflage do you use?

Feedback Score
    Breaking up the profile can help if you remain still. There are posts in this thread that prove that the most important thing in not being seen is to avoid movement.
    You can watch a popular tester of camo patterns on you tube and spot him the instant he moves. You can be in a gillie suit and the smallest movement will alert an animal. It relies on its nose to detect anything upwind and eyes to detect anything elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am just happy being a bird hunter (pheasant and quail). The dogs do all the hard work, so we usually wear solids and an orange vest/hat depending on who we're hunting with. If it is just my dad and me, we usually are pretty casual about things since it is just the two of us and a couple of dogs and we have hunted together for the past 40 years. If we go over to California to hunt on Palomar mountain or the farms in Norco, we follow the landowner's rules if they have any dress codes (like orange hats, too). Generally, since the dogs flush the birds, camo isn't a necessity since we're not stalking intelligent game. I have a Filson vest that I bought back in the late 90's that still going strong, and usually wear either a t-shirt or jacket underneath (depending on weather) with some green or tan pants to protect against the brush. I bought some Crye combat pants cheap when I found them in a blowout sale, so I will be in Multicam this season, but that is just because I am thrifty (they were something like $50) and not for any camouflage necessity.

This thread is very informative for the day when/if I am lucky in the draw here, or go on an out of state hunt. Thanks for the info, guys.
    Last edited by interfan; 06-30-18 at 19:38.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have had the same Natural Gear 3d leaf suit for the last 15 or so years. I have stalked to within 15 yards of deer with it. Like someone mentioned above, though movement is key. I never move unless the game's vision is blocked or if it is looking the other way.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    I use mossy oak or real tree APG specially when hunting turkeys

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I switch between 2 patterns for the most part. Realtree Max4 or 5 for waterfowling and then APG for deer hunting. Most of the clothing I buy from Cabelas. I also like the Cabelas outfitter camo pattern and use in in the Cabelas Wooltimate line of clothing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    some old brown waterfowl brush pants and some kind of dark shit. at least where i hunt in FL camo doesn't matter i just worry about hunting the wind, not stinking and being still. our deer just might be stupid i dunno. i do know that no camo pattern can make up for failing in the aforementioned categories of wind/stink and motion though that busts the hunts around here in 2 secs

Feedback Score
    I mainly just deer hunt with rifles and/or a slug gun (absolutely hate using a slug gun). Sometimes I'll go out with my son small game hunting too.

I usually wear USMC MARPAT in both woodland and desert variations. Not necessarily for the camouflage. More because if I get dirt, mud or anything else on them, it just blends in with the camo pattern and adds character.

I have some older insulated Realtree Hardwoods clothing I'll where when it's really cold out.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Multicam bdu's for spring turkey and archery (love all the pockets). Realtree AP for rifle season.

Feedback Score
    I am in a deep, shady forest. Sit under a small fir tree and all you would see is black or deep dark green. Marine Vietnam colors work best.

Feedback Score
    This year I was confined to pop up blinds and a wooden permanent blind all with black interior so all black it was . I have a friend who was ticketed do not having orange on in his blind so he put orange material on all the walls and wears all orange. The camouflage color is not as important as "does it match the back drop in shade and pattern , another words if behind you is solid so should Your clothes be if it is limb filled go with kind shadow and so on .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast