Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steiner P4xi.....mini review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the review
    Have you compared to the VX6 1-6 Leupold Multigun firedot? (Not the HD)

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I haven’t had any brightness issues with mine. And the sun here can get pretty bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My Steiner P4xi's dot is extremely bright. Like Aimpoint bright and easily seen during bright SoCal days. You should get in touch with Steiner and get it fixed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Little mini review for anyone considering the Steiner P4xi.

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this*optic and the reviews were all favorable......just not sure why.

Let me preface by saying I own several 1-4, 1-6 and even 1-8*power*optics. They are my favorite flavor of magnified*optics.

So, the Steiner:*
    Pros:*
    Glass- Crystal clear from side to side....Leupold clear!*
    Intensity Dial- Works well and the OFF between each is a nice feature.*
    Body- Seems very sturdy and has held up to 1400+*rounds*of*308*Win (AR10) and around 1200*5.56 rounds in 2 separate classes.
    I had no issues with loss of zero even when removing and then placing back on the rifle.

Cons:*
    Hash marks- They are not well defined...almost unuseable*
    Red Dot- Advertised as daylight bright.....definitely not, its barely useable in mid morning sun or mid afternoon.*
    Windage/Elevation Dials- Awful, you really have to*watch*your marks. There is almost no deliniation when turning.

Overall, its ok, but my*Vortex*Strike Eagle which cost $200 less is a better*optic*in my opinion. My*Vortex*PST, which is in the same price*range*is FAR better in every way.

Anyway, there is my .02

im actually sending it in for repair. hopefully itll get corrected
    Be of good cheer, you men of Valor.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My dot is definitely daylight bright and thats midwest cornfield daylight too. As for the dial clicks, This isn't a scope you change often, they work well enough to set your zero without issue and stay where they're supposed to. My p4xi is going on my duty rifle at next rifle qual and its a scope I will be most likely buying a second of to replace my Aimpoint Pro.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow93 View Post
    My dot is definitely daylight bright and thats midwest cornfield daylight too. As for the dial clicks, This isn't a scope you change often, they work well enough to set your zero without issue and stay where they're supposed to. My p4xi is going on my duty rifle at next rifle qual and its a scope I will be most likely buying a second of to replace my Aimpoint Pro.
    Mine is as well. Very bright.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Slippers had front row seat to my Steiner experience. The joy of acquiring a fine German/American made optic. The optimism, despite early reports of QC issues. The confusion, the "it can't be!" Outright denial upon discovering saggy seals in my view through the tube (components, not elderly frogmen). The brief anger, and then joy as DSG accepted the optic back in exchange (along with another chunk of cash, of course) for the optic Will said I'd find myself much happier with. The gratitude of learning the lesson having a good outcome. Reviews now have a much smaller weight than a trusted voice. Thanks man!

I'm glad Steiner got their assembly issues sorted, but with my luck, I'd still be one of those 0.5%ers, so I'm happy to buy based on the advice of some trusted voices going forward, or just shovel out the cash for known, good stuff up front. If it seems too good to 2nd true at the price point you're looking at, it just is.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Slippers had front row seat to my Steiner experience. The joy of acquiring a fine German/American made optic. The optimism, despite early reports of QC issues. The confusion, the "it can't be!" Outright denial upon discovering saggy seals in my view through the tube (components, not elderly frogmen). The brief anger, and then joy as DSG accepted the optic back in exchange (along with another chunk of cash, of course) for the optic Will said I'd find myself much happier with. The gratitude of learning the lesson having a good outcome. Reviews now have a much smaller weight than a trusted voice. Thanks man!

I'm glad Steiner got their assembly issues sorted, but with my luck, I'd still be one of those 0.5%ers, so I'm happy to buy based on the advice of some trusted voices going forward, or just shovel out the cash for known, good stuff up front. If it seems too good to 2nd true at the price point you're looking at, it just is.
    When did you buy your p4xi?
    What optic did you end up with?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    When did you buy your p4xi?
    What optic did you end up with?
    I bought that Steiner maybe 2 years ago. They hadn't been on the market very long. I replaced it with a Trijicon Accu Power 1-4x.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast