Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drinking Alcohol May Leave You with a Mouth Full of Bad Bacteria

Feedback Score
    These studies are probably funded by 'Grant Money'. Published a study that shows negative effects and then apply for more grant money for a deeper study and the cycle goes on, and on, and on!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    BINGO! I was waiting for that!

I'm suspicious the "study" was really a clandestine "anti-drinking" junk science project, since mouthwash is very high in alcohol. Good catch. Y'all are thinking.
    I was under the impression that the alcohols in mouth wash and liqueur are quite different.

Particularly with Beer, you have yeast, cultures, and many other forms of bacteria/enzymes in these.

With mouth wash, I was under the impression it held the anti-septic properties without introduction of other bacteria, enzymes, or cultures.

I could very well be mistaken. And, not to say your statement is inaccurate, but for the interest of discussion, is there any difference between the two?
    Last edited by HeruMew; 04-26-18 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's mainly ethanol. About 20 percent alcohol is average as I recall. May be "denatured" and have methanol so do not drink.

Brewing is done with very sanitary conditions. It is boiled and that will destroy enzymes and kill bacteria. After the boil only the yeast we want is added once it's cooled. Most commercial beer has the yeast filtered or centrifuged out after fermentation. I believe they do the same with most wine.

Feedback Score
    Alcohol is dangerous to the body in all the aspect. It's not only about the bad bacteria. It is all about the damage to whole body parts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoreneYoder View Post
    Alcohol is dangerous to the body in all the aspect. It's not only about the bad bacteria. It is all about the damage to whole body parts.
    Depending on amount drank. Alcohol actually has a lot of health benefits. But like everything else ..... moderation

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoreneYoder View Post
    There's a ton of data that finds moderate alcohol intake a net plus to health. The studies are also often conflicting, but overly general statements like that are nonsense. Per usual, the dose makes the poison.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I know a couple of people who can't drink a drop because of A-fib and other heart issues. Still others I know drink regularly but know their limit. It depends on the person.

In my own life, I've willfully become a lightweight and I never drink anything but light beer anymore, and only on the weekends. I drink until I'm sleepy then I'm done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12