Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What ammo do you prefer for 9 mm?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    Just curious.

I have been using 115 Grain, Blazer Brass for the past couple of months.

Just wondering about making a switch to 147 Grain 9mm ammo. I like to buy 1000-2000 at a time. All I’m seeing online is Fiocchi, Sellier and Bellot, Remington, and American Eagle. I haven’t looked into Atlanta Arms yet, but there are a few different grades.

Any experience? Any recommendations?

Is there a difference between ammo for IDPA vs IPSC or USPSA?

I’m using a Glock 19 or 34, by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When I was doing a lot of IDPA, Winchester White box was always the GTG ammo in .45 and 9mm, followed by Remington, then American Eagle. I found Winchester the most trouble free, but tended to cost a tad more then the two others, and as ammo costs went crazy, I tended to buy cheapest.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I carry 147, so that’s what I shoot. Lately, I’ve been in love with Aguila 147 FMJ FP. It has a wide, flat nose, so it cuts nice round holes in the targets. This appeals to my laziness because I can score my practice targets without going downrange or moving the targets. I can clearly see the hits out to about 15-20 yrds. Its accurate enough and I have had no failures to ignite in several thousand rounds while using it. I have had some failures to lock back on an empty mag, but it occurs predictably with certain, marked mags. Zero stoppages of any sort with vetted mags. It also shoots pretty softly and makes power factor comfortably from a 4.7” barrel. No flash issues. I buy it by the case at a local dealer for a reasonable price. Its not the cheapest ammo available, but its among the cheapest brass cased 147 FMJ FP.

Almost everyone else I compete with/against brings handloads, and thats almost certainly the best option.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 12-04-22 at 00:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Most of the 147gr stuff marketed as subsonic will make power factor through a full size gun and be more pleasant to shoot.

My recommendation would be to reload, of course.

I prefer the snap and fast-return impulse of 124/125 bullets pushed by a fast powder like Titegroup or Sport Pistol, etc.

I shot a lot of WWB 115gr before I reloaded and it's fine. It runs, but it's hot, snappy, and loud. As are most of the 115gr factory offerings.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wtturn View Post
    Most of the 147gr stuff marketed as subsonic will make power factor through a full size gun and be more pleasant to shoot.

My recommendation would be to reload, of course.

I prefer the snap and fast-return impulse of 124/125 bullets pushed by a fast powder like Titegroup or Sport Pistol, etc.

I shot a lot of WWB 115gr before I reloaded and it's fine. It runs, but it's hot, snappy, and loud. As are most of the 115gr factory offerings.
    First time I ever heard of Winchester White Box discribed as "hot" and "snappy". Most I ever hear is ....it's underpowered, fails to cycle...etc...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    First time I ever heard of Winchester White Box discribed as "hot" and "snappy". Most I ever hear is ....it's underpowered, fails to cycle...etc...

I haven't shot it in a while, it may have changed.

The bulk of my WWB shooting was of 2008-2009 vintage and it never chronoed less than 139PF for me through a G34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wtturn View Post
    I haven't shot it in a while, it may have changed.

The bulk of my WWB shooting was of 2008-2009 vintage and it never chronoed less than 139PF for me through a G34.
    Don't know. Never chrono'd anything. I've bought them off and on since forever and they didn't feel any different than any other range ammo. However, I've read compliants upon complaints over the years of problems cycling

Feedback Score
    AE9DP, 115g American Eagle. I’ve run it in glocks and my shadow 2 for years. Never an issue of reliability, accuracy, or chrono at bigger matches. I’ve been down the 115-124-147 match ammo rabbit hole. But ultimately I just went to a load I could always get at a great price allowing for much more practice.

Feedback Score
    CCI BLAZER BRASS 115 gr is fine with me......

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Practice-Mostly 115 g WWB or Fiocci. But I will shoot anything that is brass cased from a decent manufacturer 115-147g
    Carry- 124+ P Gold Dot or 147 G Bonded Golden Saber
    Reload 4.3-4.4 W231/HP38 with a 124 Berry or Rainier FP.

YMMV Greatly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast