Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahles K16i vs Razor HD Gen2 e vs Swarovski Z6i

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Kahles K16i vs Razor HD Gen2 e vs swarovski z6i

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I shoot 1-1.5moa 10 shot groups out of chrome lined barrels all day long at 100. You can stretch that way out on 18x24" steel if you like. 300 yards on a 6" popper? 6x sure is nice. Especially to PID things in shade or noncontrasting backgrounds etc.
    No disagreement. I have a 1-4 on my chrome lined gun and very badly want to put the Razor on it. My point was only that most people could probably do everything they need with something cheaper than the Khales or Swaro optics, and the Razor meets that criteria. Same concept as getting a BCM instead of a KAC. It’ll probably work just fine for the vast majority of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 04-29-18 at 11:50.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    No disagreement. I have a 1-4 on my chrome lined gun and very badly want to put the Razor on it. My point was only that most people could probably do everything they need with something cheaper than the Khales or Swaro optics, and the Razor meets that criteria. Same concept as getting a BCM instead of a KAC. It’ll probably work just fine for the vast majority of people.

I'm an annoying snob when it comes to glass, and guns in general. I guess you've beaten the admission out of me.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm an annoying snob when it comes to glass, and guns in general. I guess you've beaten the admission out of me.
    I’ll drop $2k and more on guns all day, but for some reason spending more than $600 on an optic really bothers me haha. I hate thinking how much I paid for just a T2.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I’ll drop $2k and more on guns all day, but for some reason spending more than $600 on an optic really bothers me haha. I hate thinking how much I paid for just a T2.

My inner El Sueno manages my gun budget. Sadly, my inner Jerome Kerviel is my income style.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I believe in paying for quality when it comes to most things. Firearms and optics especially. Could most people get by with a cheaper option? Sure. But if you can afford top quality, I believe you should buy top quality. The difference in glass, edge distortion, etc when comparing low end, mid range, and high end optics is very significant. Should you stretch your monthly budget for necessities of life to afford a high end optic? No. If you have the disposable funds to buy top quality, the juice is definitely worth the squeeze.

Ha, I hear you. I used to feel the same way. That was until I picked up a s&b 4-16 PMII for my 308 OBR. The glass ruined me - I cannot shoot cheap glass. Seeing a low end optic on a nice rifle has become one of my biggest pet peeves.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 04-29-18 at 12:16.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

And I thank you for that.....love the k16i you sold me.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    And I thank you for that.....love the k16i you sold me.
    I'm glad to hear it! I'm glad I'm your poor friend

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Older eyes for sure, but figured the better optic makes it better to be proficient behind the gun.

I do like Quality, and know better Glass has to be paid for. Once I get where I can be effective out to 300 I may want to go out to 400. Regardless, buying good glass one time vs buying average glass and being limited is something to compare to.

I have a PA 1-6 x 24 gen3 right now and it serves purpose. These replies are good stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dms888 View Post
    Older eyes for sure, but figured the better optic makes it better to be proficient behind the gun.

I do like Quality, and know better Glass has to be paid for. Once I get where I can be effective out to 300 I may want to go out to 400. Regardless, buying good glass one time vs buying average glass and being limited is something to compare to.

I have a PA 1-6 x 24 gen3 right now and it serves purpose. These replies are good stuff.

Shooting steel at 300 and 400 is very easy with good glass. I say this as someone who only had access to 100yds up until about 3 years ago. I quickly learned to shoot out to 550 with ease. Most of that was done with a Steiner military 1-4x on a lmt MWS. Now I have a KAC ACC with k16i. And I previously had a LaRue 308 OBR with a S&B 4-16 PMII, but at the time I had this setup I only rarely was able to shoot it past 100 yds. Both the HDIIE and k16i would serve you well in the 0 - 400 yard role. The only real negative re: the Vortex (to me) is the weight. The FOV, eyebox and glass on the Kahles are best in class. And I also prefer the sm-1 reticle.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 04-29-18 at 16:59.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Shooting steel at 300 and 400 is very easy with good glass. I say this as someone who only had access to 100yds up until about 3 years ago. I quickly learned to shoot out to 550 with ease. Most of that was done with a Steiner military 1-4x on a lmt MWS. Now I have a KAC ACC with k16i. And I previously had a LaRue 308 OBR with a S&B 4-16 PMII, but at the time I had this setup I only rarely was able to shoot it past 100 yds. Both the HDIIE and k16i would serve you well in the 0 - 400 yard role. The only real negative re: the Vortex (to me) is the weight. The FOV, eyebox and glass on the Kahles are best in class. And I also prefer the sm-1 reticle.
    Andrew Bobro takes his k16i out to 1k

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast