Thread: Stick with Sandman S for 223 and 224V or try Q Trash Panda / Sig SRD 556 QD?

Feedback Score

Stick with Sandman S for 223 and 224V or try Q Trash Panda / Sig SRD 556 QD?

Hi all,

I have a Dead Air Sandman S for my KAC SR15 and Bowers Vers 9s for my CZ Scorpion but both are in jail still (check cashed 1/10/18) so still a long way to go. I chose the Sandman S for the KAC as I wanted low back pressure to match the intermediate gas system, great tone, warranty, and minimal gas to the face.

As such, I have decided to purchase a suppressor for each of my other firearms and keep them on 100% of the time. I won’t be running and gunning, hunting or entering PRS competitions. I will shoot primarily from a bench or prone and mostly stay stationary.

I do plan on mag dumps to have fun so getting a full titanium can for the AR15s is somewhat scary. I will always be wearing ear pro (actually ear plugs and over the ear muffs).

My priorities are: at the ear numbers, tone, minimal gas to the face, low back pressure, and warranty. Weight isn’t an issue since the guns will be stationary.

Here are my hosts and current considerations:

•6.5 Creedmoor bolt action – TBAC Ultra 9 6.5 CB, Dead Air Sandman L, Q Thunder Chicken, Sig SRD 762 QD TI
    •223 Wylde 20” Bartlein AR15 with an SLR AGB – Dead Air Sandman S, Sig SRD 556 QD, Q Trash Panda
    •224 Valkyrie 20” Rock Creek AR15 with an SLR AGB – Dead Air Sandman S, Sig SRD 556 QD, Q Trash Panda

For the 6.5 Creedmoor, the TBAC Ultra 9 speaks for itself: precise, minimal POI/POA shift, great sound and suppression, and phenomenal CS. The Sandman L is much heavier but not sure that matters on a bolt gun. It sounds like the Thunder Chicken and Sig SRD 762 QD TI are solid choices, but I’d like to continue to read more.

For the AR15s, I could keep consistent and use a Sandman S across the board. With the Q Trash Panda, I am also not sure how it would hold up to 2-3 continuous mag dumps on the AR-15s. As for considering the Sig SRD 556 QD, it sounds like a great suppressor for 223/556: low back pressure, not much gas to the face, good tone, a few ounces lighter than the Sandman S, and a bit more internal volume. And getting two of them vs two Sandman S saves about $400 bucks which is a good amount of ammo.

Thanks again for your help.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m also thinking similarly so interested in response