Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 93R clone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    You're not going to invite our friend back, are you?
    LOL. No.

Just chuckled about it a bit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=1911-A1;2622560] repeat - second post is more detailed - computer told me I had times out, WTF?
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-30-18 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I've always wanted a Beretta with a frame mounted thumb safety that I could carry C&L. I know they made a tiny run of them but not enough to be a real option.
    Anway you'd consider doing it with a Taurus PT92 frame?

I had one of those long ago, when they first came out. I thought it was a good pistol for the price.

We were shooting lead at work - this was during the revolver era, so since we used lead SWC's for the revolvers the bean counters bought 9mm in lead for training - the barrel leaded up quickly and accuracy was poor. Night and day difference with FMJ.

Although I liked it, it was used as part of a trade for a Model 25 Smith.

FWIW - I've always thought the 92D's were the best DAO pistols ever. We had an agency who used them, all the deputies thought they sucked, but I've always enjoyed shooting them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    LOL. No.

Just chuckled about it a bit.
    I saved that photo in my screen saver slide show, I always get a chuckle when it rotates through.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I can think of one guy who would absolutely be a buyer...
    Would double the market for a cross draw chest holster as well...............................

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    What is with you guys and P7's? Is it like a cult or something like that? I swear, everyone that has one talks about it like it was created by GOD and has the power of the Holy Spirit in it. When people mention "P7" I automatically feel that I have nothing in common with them and couldn't ever have a meaningful relationship with them. I compare the P7 to a Subaru Baja, it wants to be a 4 door El Camino, but came into the market 30 years to late, it looks like the designer from Crocs and the head of fashion from Toms came together and created a car together in one afternoon. Its ugly, makes no sense, but surprisingly, it holds it value.
    That is kind of funny. My two crusades in life, besides a polymer framed P7, is to bring back Crocs (for adult men) and the use of the word 'retarded'. The both fit everyday life so perfectly, but people get all judgemental when you use them...

That P7 cult- and it is a cult whose intensity makes 1911 affinity seem like puppy-love- is what could drive it to commercial success.

Why the P7? Because it is so different from any other handgun that it is indistinguishable from magic.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I am with you on being mystified over the reputation of the P7.

Innovative? Yes.
    Well made? Yes.
    Accurate? Yes.
    Limited availability compared to desireability and availability? Yes?

But, when all is said and done, whether it is a squeeze cocking front strap or a clicking and expanding baseplate, no serious shooter wants a gun with a changing grip when it comes to serious business.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    look, id rather have a P7 than nothing at all. But its not like are living in times where we have to chose between a Colt single action revolver or a Remington 1875.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    What is with you guys and P7's? Is it like a cult or something like that?
    The P7 was designed with the West German Police in mind. The designer, realizing that many of the West German police officers were descendants of farm families, determined that a self-cocking pistol using the milking motion that farm children had grown up performing during their evening and morning chores would simplify firearms training.

Unfortunately, the blueprints for the pistol got reversed and the squeeze cock mechanism mimics the exact opposite action, much like many believed occurred with the Camilus MK1 Survival/Paratrooper knife blade reversal.

Once the pistol was in production the weapon's function was fait accompli and shooters were required to adjust. There was some initial concern by the West German Dairy Association that this would result in many dairy cows with sore, distended udders due to milking by West German Police Officers returning to their birthplace farms on Holiday, but the expected impact never materialized.

And now, as Paul Harvey intoned, you know the rest of the story.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    However,
    If you posted “Is anyone interested in paying 288$ for Elite II frames in SS with the “transitional unicorn” radiused backstrap and straight dust cover?”
    I’ll take two, with a follow on order for a pair of stainless steel 96a1 frames, checkered and beveled.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast