Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on training with your carry gun?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I train with and shoot my carry gun the majority of the time. I just take care of my PM's as needed. Don't see any reason not to do so.

Feedback Score
    if i'm carrying it i'm training with it. Just keep up on the pm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’d think it’s a good idea myself.

Ed

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    "Beware the man with one gun"......

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have multiples of the same weapons. Training is an investment, I don't want to be in the position of having to deal a downed weapon during training so I bring spares, I'll fix shit later. Likewise, in the event of loss, theft, damage, confiscation after a SD situitation or what ever I am covered.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not sure why I didn't think of this before but having a double gives me the perfect excuse to buy a Shield 2.0. I must be slipping..

Feedback Score
    The Late Ray Chapman told me he always had at least three Pachmayr 1911s'. At least one being built, one for practice/defense and one for competition. I forget the order he would use them in after being built and he said he often had five in cycle and would sell one when it was just about worn out.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    There is a benefit to having more than one firearm - the old adage doesn't ring true to me anymore, since most people with one gun have it loaded in a sock drawer somewhere, not having shot it since that 1 magazine after they bought it. And they probably have FMJs for HD.

Now the person that only SHOOTS one gun - ie G19/17, 1911, M&P, etc - but has 2 to infinity of them, that individual can probably shoot pretty good if they have a carry gun, an identical training gun that is ragged out from shooting / competition / etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    So obviously if you carry daily or close to it, it's important to train with your carry gun. I'm curious about how people approach this; train with the actual gun you carry and have a strict regimen of replacing parts or have second copy of your carry gun and train with that?

The follow up question if you go with door number 1 is, what intervals do you replace parts? Or how much earlier than the regular intervals?

Thanks.

I'd rather have duplicate models and keep one at a relatively low round count (few thousand or so). The duplicate still getting replacement parts regularly in case it is pressed into service

Feedback Score
    I have a Glock 19 and a 43 that I carry depending on clothing/destination. I carry the 19 as much as I can and have around 3000 rounds through it this far. If I only had one gun, I would have no problem training and carrying the 19. We have Glock 17s at work that, no exaggeration, have close to 10,000 rounds through them with no changing of parts and I can't remember anyone ever having a malfunction with any of them. Still accurate and 100% reliable. We do have spare unused 17's in the armory so I guess it's a moot point but as for personal concealed carry, I have no problem carrying a gun that I have verified as reliable through lots of training.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast