Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington vs Mossberg Box-fed Shotguns

Feedback Score

Remington vs Mossberg Box-fed Shotguns

I hate loading shotguns under time crunches, not a skill I want to work on. How are the new 780 and 590 that have detachable mags looking? Anyone have experience with them? How would they be classified for 3-gun comps?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Open class unless they've recently changed the rules.

I'm kind of waiting for the answers to your other questions because I'd like to get a TAC-14DM just for grins and giggles.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-03-18 at 08:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Open class unless they've recently changed the rules.

I'm kind of waiting for the answers to your other questions because I'd like to get a TAC-14DM just for grins and giggles.
    Those TAC-14s at first glance to me what handguns are like for Brits- something is not quite right... Not really versed on shotguns so I never realized how those short barrel ones fit into the framework. Looks like an interesting- and jaring tool.

They should show a standard one of those next to the mag version. Below the standard a picture of a key and the words "Masterkey", and under the mag version a bunch of keys on a ring and the words "Multiple-Masterkey".

I overall like the Mossberg for the greater mag capacity, but crap gets heavy. I really don't want more than 10 rounds, and that 6 is really probably the sweet spot. If you can reload fast, you need the super high cap. 20 rounds at 8 shots of 000....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I overall like the Mossberg for the greater mag capacity, but crap gets heavy.
    I handled them at the NRA show, unloaded of course and thought to myself "I wonder how heavy these get loaded up?".
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Honestly, outside competition I just don't see the advantage of a box fed pump shotgun. Rapid mag change capability is superfluous in my opinion. But maybe I am just old school as I was trained to transition to handgun once my pumpgun ran empty instead of fumbling with a reload.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Honestly, outside competition I just don't see the advantage of a box fed pump shotgun. Rapid mag change capability is superfluous in my opinion. But maybe I am just old school as I was trained to transition to handgun once my pumpgun ran empty instead of fumbling with a reload.
    I can see several things folks might see as advantages:

Ammo changeovers (buck to slug) could be done more quickly.

Someone could store their shotgun empty and have it loaded more quickly for home defense.

As far as transitioning after your shotgun runs empty, largely because getting the ammo (if you have any) and either tube loading one or two at a time is more time consuming. An extra magazine puts the magazine fed shotgun in the same class as an AR.

In a stand on your hind legs and deliver gunfight, it may be more efficient to transition to the sidearm than reload either a shotgun or an AR. Think back to the origins of the 'New York Reload' with revolvers.

But, if your behind cover, or on the move I'd rather stay with the long gun compared to the pistol.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I can see several things folks might see as advantages:

Ammo changeovers (buck to slug) could be done more quickly.

Someone could store their shotgun empty and have it loaded more quickly for home defense.

As far as transitioning after your shotgun runs empty, largely because getting the ammo (if you have any) and either tube loading one or two at a time is more time consuming. An extra magazine puts the magazine fed shotgun in the same class as an AR.

In a stand on your hind legs and deliver gunfight, it may be more efficient to transition to the sidearm than reload either a shotgun or an AR. Think back to the origins of the 'New York Reload' with revolvers.

But, if your behind cover, or on the move I'd rather stay with the long gun compared to the pistol.
    Makes sense. If I was going to buy a new fighting shotgun I would go for the Tavor TS12. But it is comparatively more expensive.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    These are new to me, but I'd lean to the Mossberg for the higher mag cap as well. I think going the double stack was a good idea, a little bulky but better than some of those mono-pod Saiga mags you see.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can think of a couple of scenarios were a fella might find 20 (+1) rounds of Brenneke slugs quit convenient, and they don't all involve xenomorphs.

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I handled them at the NRA show, unloaded of course and thought to myself "I wonder how heavy these get loaded up?".
    On the plus side, the weight stays in the receiver area and not further forward like the higher capacity mag tubes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast