Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 - On The Fence

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

M&P 2.0 - On The Fence

I need to pick up something in .40 to help me burn through all this Ammo I’ve stockpiled over the years. I came across an unfired M&P 2.0 compact with TFO sites box and 3 mags for $349 plus tax. I love the feel of the new aggressive grip, but a little skeptical. I had one of the bad batches of original m&p’s with the barrel issue. Is this too good a deal to pass up? Are the new 2.0’s leaps and bounds better then the originals? Thx

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'm a guy that left the M&P platform for the same reasons you mentioned. My buddy picked up a 2.0 and it's much better. If either the Apex barrels or the 2.0 had come out I'd still be running M&P pistols.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I wouldn't say it's "too" good to pass us. But if you were unhappy with the M&P I'd pick up something else, or just sell the ammo! I like the gun and still have one M&P left but I've never found them "consistent". For some reason my M&P .40 full size feels like it kicks harder than my G27 that's a joy to shoot?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    My 2.0C is very accurate. 2" group off hand at 10 yds and double that at 20 yds.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I've owned three Gen 1 M&Ps, along with a number of other polymer framed striker fired handguns. I no longer own any of those Gen 1 guns, but have had a 2.0 compact in 9mm for several months. There will definitely be more 2.0s in my near future. I really like this one and plan to do nothing to it except buy more magazines and another holster.

Earlier in the week I again shot the 2.0 side by side with one of my G19s. I like both, but certainly prefer the 2.0.

I have never owned a .40 and never plan to. But I have a magazine article written by Kyle Lamp, a man whose opinion I have some respect for. He was comparing the Gen 1 M&P in 9mm to the Glock 17. In that article he also mentions that the M&P was designed around the .40 while the Glock was designed for the 9mm and had to be tweeked to handle the .40. He teaches shooting classes and sees a lot of shooters. He said basically that the Smith handled the .40 more reliably than the Glock.

In that article, his conclusion was that if you wanted a handgun capable of bringing out the best in your shooting then the Smith was it. But if you wanted a gun for the apocalypse then grab the Glock since there would be more of them lying around for spare mags and parts. He ended it with the suggestion to buy both. No need to offend a segment of his readers.

For myself I have always found the M&P of either generation to be a soft shooter, somewhat softer than my Glocks. I no idea about the .40 as I've never owned one.

OP, good luck with your choice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    New? 3 mags included? $350? Sounds like a good deal.

My experience: I was offered a NIB Ruger 93e with three mags for $300. Never had a poly striker double stack gun in my life. Didn't think I'd ever want one. Bought it because it was cheap, and I figured if I didn't like it, I could sell or trade it and not lose anything. Now it's my everyday packin' gun, I like it that much.

Grab it and don't look back!
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 09-23-18 at 20:11.

Feedback Score
    If you want to shoot a smooth shooting .40, try the HK USPc .40. It is the smoothest shooting .40 that I have shot.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    If you want to shoot a smooth shooting .40, try the HK USPc .40. It is the smoothest shooting .40 that I have shot.
    Not a bad opinion. I hate .40, but I would buy a USP40 in a heartbeat because it feels like a 9mm.

I also have been kicking around picking up a full size M&P 2.0, in 9 though. I saw a crazy deal on one with a threaded barrel today.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Not a bad opinion. I hate .40, but I would buy a USP40 in a heartbeat because it feels like a 9mm.

I also have been kicking around picking up a full size M&P 2.0, in 9 though. I saw a crazy deal on one with a threaded barrel today.
    My local shop has stacks of leo trade USP .40 with NS for $349. The grip is a little too large for my liking though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robstercraw View Post
    My local shop has stacks of leo trade USP .40 with NS for $349. The grip is a little too large for my liking though.
    The USPc is a little slimmer.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast