Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 - On The Fence

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I love my 2.0C's. 1 with Trijicon RMR07 6,5moa RD and Apex Tactical FCG
    The other with top of slide serrations and Apex Tactical FCG
    DeSantis holster 002 Speed Scabbard

This is a M&P 1.0 FS. Apex FCG and Gunsmith fitted barrel and RMR07.

All mill work and gunsmithing was completed at ATEI by #dougified #functionfirst
    Last edited by RWH24; 05-10-18 at 01:59.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Which IWB holsters are y'all using for your 2.0 Compacts? I really like Custom Carry Concepts holsters and have 3 of them but they have a 9-12 week turn around time. I've looked at the Bravo Concealment Torsion and DOS IWB's and like the looks of them so far. Any other suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Which IWB holsters are y'all using for your 2.0 Compacts? I really like Custom Carry Concepts holsters and have 3 of them but they have a 9-12 week turn around time. I've looked at the Bravo Concealment Torsion and DOS IWB's and like the looks of them so far. Any other suggestions?
    Raven Vanguard 3. Because it indexes off the U-boat (you do have a light on your primary, right?), it works with all of my pistols.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Do you wear it at 3-4 o'clock or appendix?
    I can't wear IWB due to a surgery. OWB only for me.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I usually wear my G19 in the 3-4 o'clock area. I've tried appendix before and it isn't comfortable for me. I'm not into the Raven Vanguard. I'm going to transfer the Surefire XC1 from the G19 to the M&P. If not that then I will get the new version of the XC with the higher lumens. Regardless and XC will be on the M&P.

Feedback Score
    While my M&P 2.0C isn`t a 9mm , maybe some general comments may help . I have the FNS and PPQ in 9mm and recently picked up the 2.0C . Just finished a little over 500 rounds this week as break in and checkout before I consider it as a carry gun .
    First , I absolutely love my PPQ as the ergonomics fit me perfectly and the trigger is one of the best I`ve seen . I have the paddle mag releases .... and can drop a mag without shifting my grip and can drop a slide with the slide release the same way . That said , I also have over 2500 rounds through it with zero problems . The one thing that Walther could improve on is to duplicate the M&P 2.0 grip texture or the FNS grip texture .... they`re that good as far as I`m concerned . As I said , I love my PPQ , but the M&P is right up there with it . The lower bore axis makes followup shots easier and faster than the PPQ ( cured that with Sprinco RSA ) and in my opinion , the factory sights really aren`t that bad . I cleaned and lubed the gun , went to the range and went through 500 + rounds over two days with zero failures and then tried 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot with no issues . Accuracy is the equal of both my FNS and the PPQ .
    I wasn`t expecting to this gun being that good , but the one I have is . My groups are about the same as my PPQ that I have over 2500 rounds through and I was hitting steel out to 50 yards easily .
    I heard some people don`t like the hinged trigger , but I had no problems with it ..... not as good as the PPQ trigger , but really pretty good and will only get better with more rounds through it .
    All in all , I feel you can`t go wrong with this gun .... or the FNS , or the PPQ .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Clearly the Walther paddle is one of the BEST features to ever come out of the firearm industry. The ability to change mags without moving your grip whatsoever (and be truly ambi without a downside) is awesome and gets lost in button stupidly. Too bad.

REALLY like the slide work above. Nice!
    Last edited by m4brian; 05-11-18 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Clearly the Walther paddle is one of the BEST features to ever come out of the firearm industry. The ability to change mags without moving your grip whatsoever (and be truly ambi without a downside) is awesome and gets lost in button stupidly. Too bad.

REALLY like the slide work above. Nice!
    I agree, my USPc .40 makes it a breeze to drop a mag. My P2000SK's that I sold were the same way, a far better system in my humble opinion. A G19 with the paddle mag release is my Holy Grail.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    That`s why I`m looking at the Walther P99AS for my next purchase for a Summer carry gun . The disadvantage is that there isn`t a lot of aftermarket stuff available for it or the PPQ , but as I found out , the PPQ really doesn`t need anything other than a sight change . I tried the Apex trigger system and changed back to the stock trigger . I did go with the Sprinco RSA to reduce muzzle flip some and some skateboard tape to help my grip .
    I will be going to a RMR on one of my Q`s because of old eyes .... my first rifle in Basic was a Garand M1 as was my second , yes , I`m that old !
    On a lot of other guns , you have to add an extended mag release and/or slide release .... already there on these two . To drop a mag , all I have to do is move my trigger finger up on the slide and use the next finger on the paddle release without changing grip at all . Really works well .... however , Walther has the paddle release on only the PPQ M1 Classic and the P99 I believe .

Feedback Score
    What light/laser systems do yall use on it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast