Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern options for light DA or "safe action" style, WITHOUT a trigger safety

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You could consider a PX4 with the “C” type trigger (constant action), or convert a “D” model.
    The PX4 C is DAO but stays half cocked, and is supposed to be about half way between DA and SA for the pull weight and Kahr-ish. It never seemed to catch on, even much less than the PX4, so I've never seen or tried the trigger.

You can still find P250 conversion kits if you look around, so you could drop your trigger module into a 9 or 40. Good holster options as it should fit the same as the P320.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Again, thanks for the ideas. I see a couple mentions of Walther. What about the Walther Creed? This appears to be a concealed-hammer pure DAO with good reviews.

Feedback Score
    I would also recommend that you look at the Sig DAK trigger. It’s in the P-22X series, not sure if that’s modern enough for you or if you are only looking at polymer frames. I love my P226 DAK and would have no issues carrying it as a duty gun, but I’m GLOCK only for all of my purposes now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "Maybe I should get a Kahr, but I would like to have a good idea of the full range of options."

Had a CW45 Kahr. Great trigger and a good shooter, but full of gremlins. And instead of getting better, it got worse!

Picked up a S&W Shield .45 about a year ago, mainly because of a healthy rebate and curiosity. I still can't figure out why it shoots so well, and the trigger is reminiscent of a good DA revolver. It's a little ugly, but a revelation.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Have you tried any of H&K’s LEM models? I shoot both a P2000 and P2000SK in the standard configuration and while the trigger pull is a little heavy, it has a very discernible wall near the end of travel and the reset is not too far. I also shoot a HK45 with the light LEM and prefer this setup. The trigger pull is very smooth and light- reset is the same, not as fast as a Glock or 1911 but not bad either.

The P2000 and P30 series are available in double stack 9mm and .40 S&W.
    I had to take shelf my USP with LEM for now. The reset was just a hair longer than my Glock and M&Ps and it caused me to not let it out far enough.

Feedback Score
    I have a "Compact" size Lionheart LH-9, 13 round double stack 9 MM. They call it "Triple action", but when you first rack a round into the chamber you can the use the external safety to be "Cocked and locked" or instead you can just push the hammer back up. Now you can choose to use the safety...or not. With the Safety off, a long , pretty light, pull of the trigger repositions the hammer to the fire mode a slight more pull and bang! Also if you did happen to pull the trigger and got a click instead of a bang just pull the double action trigger again to get a second opinion. (While that sounds good, most would do tap, rack bang instead)

The gun is assembled in Washington from Korean parts or it was. Mine has older three dot sights that have been superseded by Novak style sights. I like my gun. I prefer a larger caliber So I don't shoot it much, but I won't part with it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I had to take shelf my USP with LEM for now. The reset was just a hair longer than my Glock and M&Ps and it caused me to not let it out far enough.

To me, the reset on the USP LEM is just a touch shorter than that of the P2000/P30 series. Personally, I don’t ride the reset much enough to notice vs shooting my VP9, but I understand that for some this may be an issue.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The nice thing about the Beretta PX4, is that you can swap parts and change it between the C and D models. I'm doing that right now.

Southern Ohio Gunworks has the D model (police trade-ins) for 250 bucks. I got one to use as a teaching gun/loaner.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd be interested to hear your thoughts (and cost) on converting to the C, as well as the C trigger once you get a feel for it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I often carry a Kahr. Love the light smooth DA. Accurate, fast enough and slim baby.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast