Thread: Where can I find a quality setup for rechargeable cr123 batteries?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Where can I find a quality setup for rechargeable cr123 batteries?

Where can I find a quality setup for rechargeable cr123 batteries?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.batteryjunction.com/rcr123a.html

Can't go wrong with Nitecore, Olight, Tenergy, and Efest

https://www.batteryjunction.com/12-best-chargers.html

Nitecore and Xtar chargers will be just fine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use:

Nitecore DigiD4

For double CR123 ( 6-8voltHandheld Lights, ETC.)
    Keeppower 16650 (They fit in all my surefires and streamlights. They put out about 10% less lumens, but give the same runtime as two CR123s)

For single CR123s, I haven't found a great brand, Keeppower 16340s have worked for me. But, they are SPENDY. I also have purchased some E-Power 16340s. However I refuse to run two rechargeable in tandem. Even with the Smart Charger, I don't like putting my lights through 8.4v at peak. I also don't trust most rechargeable to drain in tandem. Too high of a fluctuation is a big no-no with Lithiums.

For my WML, I stick to Duracell, Surefire, and have tried Energizer Primaries. Just not worth the headache with rechargables such as Cycle count, MAH loss, storage drop offs, etc.

If I wanted to use rechargables, I wouldn't have gone single cell 123. Just my opine and setup.

ETA: Not to say you can't use rechargeables effectively. I just have a preference in longevity and efficiency of primary cells versus rechargeables.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-07-18 at 10:11.

Feedback Score
    Have you looked at the Zanfarr C4? It gets really good reviews, most likely will be buying one soon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    +1 for the Nitecore D4. I use it to recharge 123s, AAAs, AAs and 18650s. For rechargeable 123s, I use the ones from K2 Energy. Their charge won't last as long as primary cells (shocker), but they seem to drain evenly and deliver at or close to full output.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.