Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Budget LVPO options?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Oh, jeez, I see now. This is certainly my fault as well. I called Trijicon's "BAC Triangle" as the "German Post" as I associate the reticle most closely with the common Kar98 Scope. Admittedly, it's not the same as the "German #4" that Trijicon also offers.

I have attached a picture of the reticle style that they call the "BAC Triangle" (which is the one I own).

It's a 4moa (or very close to 4moa) Triangle. I feel like I am able to pick it up very quickly, and because it's an etched reticle, there is absolutely zero bloom for extreme "top of the pin/triangle" shot placement and zeroing. I find that my eye is naturally drawn to that point very quickly when acquiring targets. Even 200-300 yard targets, with a MPBR zeroing in 5.56, will be easy hits with just setting the point on a man sized target.

Thank you! I am really leaning towards the triangle.

Andy

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I run the same scope on a 14.5/5.56 gun.

It’s 95% as quick as my MROs close and quick, with hits to 300 on reduced steel torso targets no problem.
    I dial in with Tip of Triangle for 200 yd Zero. With minor holdover of Triangle Tip at the 300 yd shots, I just plaster the entire triangle for POA/POI close and fast/coarse shots.

It’s a bit long in the tooth as Optics go, but still good glass.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms has an entry level 1-4 for $129 I was looking at it for my son's 22lr AR build.

You'll still need a mount which will be in the $75-125 range.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GX66ZDQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    For my low end scopes, I have an old tr21 Red triangle and really like it BUT you can’t range with a triangle. Only drawback really
    I also have a PA ACSS 1-8 that is pretty decent for $300 with the ACSS reticle. Has a little fisheye and not the clearest glass but works well.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The old accupoints were the first LPVOs Ive owned. Their use is more like a red dot with magnifier than what you would call a true LPVO with today's technology.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011