Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget LVPO options?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Budget LVPO options?

Looking to get into the LPVO game, but not sure if I will like it, or stick with it.

Long question short:
    Is there any options for entry level interest in the ~$100 range?

I can google well, but hoping for some anecdotal evidence behind a particular brand or scope.

I just finished out a 16" midlength, and want to try it out.

If there isn't any good options in that range, in your opine, feel free to voice that too. I'm a complete novice to LPVO.

I used thread search, and read a few, but couldn't find what I was looking for in 35 pages. Haha.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-08-18 at 01:26.

Feedback Score
    For 100 bucks you can get a quality set of irons and learn to shoot those well. While learning those, save up for a Steiner px4i, or similar.

Optics at the 100 dollar level are going to be a negative to your training and leave you frustrated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    For 100 bucks you can get a quality set of irons and learn to shoot those well. While learning those, save up for a Steiner px4i, or similar.

Optics at the 100 dollar level are going to be a negative to your training and leave you frustrated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your reply. I have seen and heard wonderful things about Steiner.

I am, at the meantime, efficient with Irons. Beyong taking it out to 300+ meters, most of my shooting is with irons. (Matechs, KAC Micros, Carry Handle, and Daniel Defense)

My biggest fear is investing a lot to find out I don't like utilizing it. While my plans would be to invest more, I am hesitant due to my current monthly budget restrictions.

Of course, resale value does have it's justification. I know anything sub 100 will have nearly no resale value, while high end tends to hold that value.

Nonetheless, your input is very appreciated, and isn't taken lightly.

I was just wondering if anyone knew any optics that had quality enough to show me if I like the concept or not. If those options don't exist, well I will hafta apply the proverbial statement to myself of: "Suck it up buttercup".
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-08-18 at 00:50.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Your best bet will probably be a Primary Arms scope or Vortex Strike Eagle. Unfortunately the LPVO game is not cheap, a good entry level optic like the Steiner and mount will cost nearly as much as a great red dot. I bought a used P4Xi and ADM mount to test the LPVO thing and am very tempted to list mine at a $50 loss so that I can upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Your best bet will probably be a Primary Arms scope or Vortex Strike Eagle. Unfortunately the LPVO game is not cheap, a good entry level optic like the Steiner and mount will cost nearly as much as a great red dot. I bought a used P4Xi and ADM mount to test the LPVO thing and am very tempted to list mine at a $50 loss so that I can upgrade.

Thanks for the great anecdotal evidence.

I just went and researched prices again, based on the models you guys mentione, and see that Vortex really seems to be the best in regards to cost and warranty just to get my foot in the door.

If I could find a used PA, I could see that being viable too

Overall, looking at the Steiner, I would be lying to say my brain is not screaming to just wait it out, and find a deal when the money is had.

Thanks again for your response and options.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-08-18 at 01:47.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Budget LVPO options?

Double
    Last edited by Wake27; 05-08-18 at 02:25.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Budget LVPO options?

I think there’s one in the EE right now. I got mine here for $550 IIRC, including the Recon mount and it was barely used. It really is a solid optic, especially given the price. I like Vortex a lot but the original 1-4 Viper was nowhere near the Steiner (at least from what I remember, I didn’t own both at the same time). I should be content with it, I just have a thing for Razor 1-6s in Geissele mounts right now. But it was a great proof of concept for me. I had only ever used red dots and ACOGs and really wasn’t sure how I’d feel about the LPVO. I just wish they weren’t so expensive, for some reason I hate spending money on optics.

Last edited by Wake27; 05-08-18 at 02:26.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    If you want budget Bushnell AR 1-4 can be found on sale once in a while for around $100. PA makes a 1x4 that is around a $100 but it is one of there older models. Their newer 1x6 have a lifetime warranty just like Vortex and i like the ACSS better than the reticle in the Strike Eagle.

Feedback Score
    Buy cheap buy twice applies here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Give a look at Leupold VXR 1.25x-4x and other Leupold offerings in that magnification range. Decent glass.

There are some older USA and Japanese made scopes that are 1.5x on the low end that can go less than $100 in decent shape that would combo well with an Aero mount, but would still be close to $200 total.

I think if you have had previous scope experience that was with low quality and/or extremely high magnification scopes that cause you to be unsure then there is a good chance that a lpv with decent quality will be a nice surprise for you.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 05-08-18 at 08:12.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast