Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullets "tumbling" from suppressed barrel?

Feedback Score

Bullets "tumbling" from suppressed barrel?

After 17 1/2 months I received my tax stamp for gun trust and picked up Keystone Lake Armory 300 Blackout suppressed barrel. The upper had been recalled for modification to prevent removing suppressor which would result in a SBR therefore 2 stamp rifle. Shooting 125 gr reloads at 10yd ,I got 12 inch group with key holing and one perfect imprint of sideways bullet. I haven't been able to disassemble barrel.Thought about drilling out exit hole. Help!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by reb View Post
    After 17 1/2 months I received my tax stamp for gun trust and picked up Keystone Lake Armory 300 Blackout suppressed barrel. The upper had been recalled for modification to prevent removing suppressor which would result in a SBR therefore 2 stamp rifle. Shooting 125 gr reloads at 10yd ,I got 12 inch group with key holing and one perfect imprint of sideways bullet. I haven't been able to disassemble barrel.Thought about drilling out exit hole. Help!
    If it's shooting 12" groups and keyholing at 10 yards I wouldn't shoot it until fixing what is wrong. I have seen barrels with no rifling shoot better than that. Your not going to fix it with a drill. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole baffle pack is wrecked. Call Keystone Lake.

Feedback Score
    Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that KLA went out of business. Rumor has it due to the recall modifications . another suppressed barrel maker doesn't support other brands.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You can have it worked on by another SOT. Finding one that wants to deal with your mess may be difficult.

I wouldn't spend much trying to get it fixed. Maybe the silencer can be removed from the barrel and used on .22 without spending much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How does it look when you pull the BCG and hold it up to a light? Did you fire reloads first, or factory ammo?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How does it shoot with standard factory ammo recommended by the MFG?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that KLA went out of business. Rumor has it due to the recall modifications . another suppressed barrel maker doesn't support other brands.
    Can you pull the baffle stack/core out and put up a picture? My bet is.. It's a wreck. While it's out shoot it to rule out the barrel. Maybe they inadvertently put 22 caliber baffles in it and you were lucky it didn't come apart on the first shot. What was the recall for? Hopefully it wasn't for being too short with the end cap removed.

Feedback Score
    The recall was due to the fact they sold them as a one stamp rifle, but when you removed the suppressor that surrounded the barrel, as you would clean it, now you have a SBR an that would make it a 2 stamp rifle. They did something to make it unlikley or impossible to remove the suppressor from the barrel. I am leaving for National Police Week in D.C. . Will post a picture with BCG removed when return in about 10 days. With the shroud loosened: the end cap is solidly fixed but shroud can be twisted a little back and forth. I did fire reloads,110gr and 125gr. No difference

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What a nightmare. All to avoid a $200 stamp.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah, you're pretty much #$%^ed.

Sorry to hear it, but it's a good reminder that sometimes taking a chance on "the new hotness" from a startup company can hurt. Especially when it's an NFA item.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast