Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Umbrella Corp

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I see.
    Umbrella still the bad guy though.
    I was, you are a cop. Recently, I've come to the realization that to many forum members, we are the bad guys.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I was, you are a cop. Recently, I've come to the realization that to many forum members, we are the bad guys.
    True but if we go by the games, the police are the good guys and they carry slicked out Berettas and 870 Shotguns.

I mean if you just want the lower for the roll mark, understandable. We have our predilections, but if we wanna be like the game; we need them Berettas to save Raccoon city.

Another slight tangent. I keep a little poster board of patches I have acquired over the years either of places I worked for or with, from buddies from other agencies, or a foreign patch or two when some folks from another country came by and gave out patches to folks. But I also have the Raccoon City Police S.T.A.R.S. patch there too and most folks over 40 are like “What State is Raccoon City in?” because it’s actually a pretty well made patch like it could be a real thing.

Because hey, I like to have fun.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The second movie was a little better because that was peak Sienna Miller in a tube top, miniskirt, and whore boots killing zombies.
    I thinks its Sienna Guillory...my wife loves watching the Res Evil movies

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well I'm resurrecting this thread. I finally got my shipping notice for my receiver set. Should be at my FFL on Thursday. I still don't have an idea of what or if I will assemble, out of this receiver set. Once in hand I will put up some photos. Yea I'm a nerd, I have no other reason for buying this receiver set and the biggest and best reason of all "This is America" and I can. God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have one of the early ones that I SBR'ed. I think in 2012 & 2013 when they were all the rage they were solid high quality lowers and also one of the few lowers at the time with a nice mag bevel. Kind of the Hodge of their day.

They said they were going to go into full production but as of a few months ago were still having issues. Thats awesome that they are finally shipping. I hope it turns out to be an awesome build.

To say they are anal is an understatement. (email from January):
    "Good Morning,

It was our expectation to begin shipping both upper and lower receivers yesterday, 1/7/19. That goal was initially in jeopardy for receivers when anodizing was running a couple weeks behind schedule. Luckily, our anodizer made good progress and both receiver types arrived near the end of last week, cutting it much closer than we’d like, but ultimately putting us back on track. Receivers were processed and inspected, cataloged and recorded, with packaging beginning in earnest on Friday. Some solo upper orders were shipped in advance of the weekend with the bulk of our very dedicated personnel working Saturday and Sunday in preparation for meeting Monday’s date.

Meanwhile, Quality was doing a thorough job testing the anodizing work, along with the dry film lube, with yet another round of spot checks to verify manufacturing. Sunday it was discovered that uppers under evaluation suffered an issue with their dry film lube application. This necessitated a new inspection protocol for every single upper receiver resulting in the unboxing of all orders containing an upper. Unfortunately, the problem was pervasive, so all upper receivers have been pulled.

For folks who may have received one of the uppers shipped on Friday we will be issuing pre-paid return shipping labels. And for those who purchased only a lower receiver, orders will continue shipping as scheduled. The rest of you who are waiting on either an upper receiver, or a receiver set, will have an approximate 3-week delay, at least, as replacement uppers are machined and processed.

If you’ve been an Umbrella fan for a while, situations like this are nothing new. You’ve probably heard the stories where, in the past, we’ve scrapped hundreds of receivers because the raw forgings’ surface finish was not up to our standards. Well, it would seem we’ve yet again found ourselves in a similar situation where our refusal to compromise means delayed delivery. And we completely understand if you don’t want to see this through, so of course full refunds are available if you’d rather step out of line. We sincerely apologize for the delay, but we hope you understand that we won’t cut corners when it comes to production of our premium parts.

We hope you stick with us; thank you for your continued support.
    "
    Last edited by themonk; 06-12-19 at 08:11.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They were pretty good with their comms coming about every 30 days. Yup I got that feeling they were wound pretty tight about the dry film coat and the anodizing, and every step of the way offering a full refund if one was so inclined. I'm wondering if there will be any of the cancellations up for sale. I've been checking the website regularly and haven't seen them available as yet.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If it was straightforward and easy, I'd buy one but that's just too much drama.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I agree, but after waiting 8-13 months for my form 4's over the last 3 suppressors and more than likely at least another 12 months for my next 2 I've learned a lot about patience. At least UCWRG sent updates good ol' ATF leaves you hanging in the wind.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Oh, NFA stuff I agree. But when every other AR manufacturer sells lowers of the month with different markings, it's weird. I get it that they want them 'awesome', but dang.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yup, my only excuse is I'm such a nerd and enjoyed most of the franchise. Plus the fact that the company was able to carve out a niche right out from under the nose of Sony, dang score one for the little guy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast