G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: BRT EzTune Gas Tubes

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,374
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Those should be fine.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Barrels - 16" EXT, 11.5" CAR, 9" PDW
    BRT OPTIMUM-S Barrel - 11.5" CAR Suppressor
    BRT Covert Comps 7.62 + 5.56 + 6X + 9mm
    BRT MarkBlue Gas Tubes - BRT EXT and PDW Lengths
    BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes - CAR and MID
    BRT MicroPin Gas Blocks .750" & .625"
    BRT MicroTUNE Adjustable Gas Blocks
    BRT CustomTUNE Gas Ports

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,374
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The new EZTune gas tube production units are complete.

    Visual comparison standard tube vs EZTune.


    We're marking these RED for easy visual identification. Our standard tubes are marked BLUE.


    We completed initial calibration of port sizes and these match closely with the prototype units, producing around 90% gas drive vs a standard barrel port.

    This is easily compensated for by adjusting the port size up by 3-4 thou.
    Last edited by Clint; 10-08-18 at 10:45.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Barrels - 16" EXT, 11.5" CAR, 9" PDW
    BRT OPTIMUM-S Barrel - 11.5" CAR Suppressor
    BRT Covert Comps 7.62 + 5.56 + 6X + 9mm
    BRT MarkBlue Gas Tubes - BRT EXT and PDW Lengths
    BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes - CAR and MID
    BRT MicroPin Gas Blocks .750" & .625"
    BRT MicroTUNE Adjustable Gas Blocks
    BRT CustomTUNE Gas Ports

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    25,447
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Very cool.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    137
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Any difference between these vs the prototype version?
    Just wondering because I have had great luck with the pre production version on brass 556 and 223.
    Also If I wanted to run steel 223 (currently it fails to fully cycle) is it safe to open up the port until it runs reliably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The new EZTune gas tube production units are complete.

    Visual comparison standard tube vs EZTune.


    We're marking these RED for easy visual identification. Our standard tubes are marked BLUE.


    We completed initial calibration of port sizes and these match closely with the prototype units, producing around 90% gas drive vs a standard barrel port.

    This is easily compensated for by adjusting the port size up by 3-4 thou.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nocalsocal; 10-08-18 at 13:12.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,374
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Functionally they are the same, the only difference is the lack of the large hole and the red mark.

    Shortly into the prototype phase, we discovered ports needed to be a little larger than normal for the same function.

    What is your application and size now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocalsocal View Post
    Any difference between these vs the prototype version?
    Just wondering because I have had great luck with the pre production version on brass 556 and 223.
    Also If I wanted to run steel 223 (currently it fails to fully cycle) is it safe to open up the port until it runs reliably.
    Last edited by Clint; 10-08-18 at 14:40.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Barrels - 16" EXT, 11.5" CAR, 9" PDW
    BRT OPTIMUM-S Barrel - 11.5" CAR Suppressor
    BRT Covert Comps 7.62 + 5.56 + 6X + 9mm
    BRT MarkBlue Gas Tubes - BRT EXT and PDW Lengths
    BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes - CAR and MID
    BRT MicroPin Gas Blocks .750" & .625"
    BRT MicroTUNE Adjustable Gas Blocks
    BRT CustomTUNE Gas Ports

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    137
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Oh okay so the new ones only have the one opening?
    My prototype tube is on a 12.5 Carbine with Vltor a5 H2, milspec bcg. Unsuppressed.
    I was wanting to save a little money and ran some Tula steel 223. It fails to cycle. Runs really great on brass. Not the fault of the sizing (.069). I just wondered how it would run on steel 223.
    I did remove one weight to make it a H1. I haven't shot the new setup but in case it doesn't work, I was exploring my options.
    In any case, I might order one size up via the website if all else fails.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Functionally they are the same, the only difference is the lack of the large hole.

    What is your application and size now?
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,374
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Yes.

    That size is great for brass with full reliability and will run most steel, but won't lock back with a loose hold.

    We test with Wolf WPA 55 FMJ and 62 HP, along with Barnaul Mil-Spec Ammo 62 HP from SGAmmo.

    Those steel flavors run pretty well and the 62 grain and HP versions seem to have the most port pressure and the strongest cycling.

    Dropping to an A5H0 buffer helps with lockback on steel.


    Tula is most likely a waste of time and is the same cost as these other options.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nocalsocal View Post
    Oh okay so the new ones only have the one opening?
    My prototype tube is on a 12.5 Carbine with Vltor a5 H2, milspec bcg. Unsuppressed.
    I was wanting to save a little money and ran some Tula steel 223. It fails to cycle. Runs really great on brass. Not the fault of the sizing (.069). I just wondered how it would run on steel 223.
    I did remove one weight to make it a H1. I haven't shot the new setup but in case it doesn't work, I was exploring my options.
    In any case, I might order one size up via the website if all else fails.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Barrels - 16" EXT, 11.5" CAR, 9" PDW
    BRT OPTIMUM-S Barrel - 11.5" CAR Suppressor
    BRT Covert Comps 7.62 + 5.56 + 6X + 9mm
    BRT MarkBlue Gas Tubes - BRT EXT and PDW Lengths
    BRT EZTUNE Gas Tubes - CAR and MID
    BRT MicroPin Gas Blocks .750" & .625"
    BRT MicroTUNE Adjustable Gas Blocks
    BRT CustomTUNE Gas Ports

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    137
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks! I will have to try to those out from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Yes.

    That size is great for brass with full reliability and will run most steel, but won't lock back with a loose hold.

    We test with Wolf WPA 55 FMJ and 62 HP, along with Barnaul Mil-Spec Ammo 62 HP from SGAmmo.

    Those steel flavors run pretty well and the 62 grain and HP versions seem to have the most port pressure and the strongest cycling.

    Dropping to an A5H0 buffer helps with lockback on steel.


    Tula is most likely a waste of time and is the same cost as these other options.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •