Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready to cry?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the price was right for me I would buy it too. My dad bought a new Colt government in 1968. It's still in great shape but to him it was a pistol plain and simple and he intended to defend his family with it. A veteran of WW2 he cleaned it as he was taught and modified it to his liking with a trigger shoe, trigger job and the infamous scratch below the slide catch... It's is mine now and remains as I got it. Of course now it's somewhat of a classic as many common firearms of our day will be someday...

Feedback Score
    That gun was probably evidence. Agencies used to “engrave” the officer’s initials, date, case number for identification purposes in court. Cause you can’t trust the serial number to be unique or everyone to log it correctly.

I guess that gun was lucky not to head to the smelter after it’s time in court was done. That’s where they went back in the 80’s.

Feedback Score
    A family member had a mint colt python, 8 rounds through it, complete box and papers.
    Person committed suicide with it and its probably still rusting away in an evidence locker.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    A family member had a mint colt python, 8 rounds through it, complete box and papers.
    Person committed suicide with it and its probably still rusting away in an evidence locker.
    Now that is downright inconsiderate.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    "Bustamonte, I Hate You"

Years ago, Skeeter Skelton wrote a story for one of the gun mags about his days "horse trading" south of the border. The Mexican government had outlawed guns a Skeeter and his compadre found they could pick up Winchester rifles and Colt pistols cheap from the south of the border ranchers and other, bring them into the States where they could be sold for a nice profit.

Prices started climbing as supply started drying up and word got out about the two heinous paying American dollars for guns. Rumor got to Skeeter there was a clean Colt Single Action Army still for sale, if he could just find who had it. Excited, Skeeter and his compadre tracked down and bought the Colt, one of the last in the area. It was in pristine condition with on exception. The owner had crudely scratched his name "Bustamonte" in the side of the frame with a nail.
    DANG- hadnt thought of that story in decades...THANKS!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post

Figured I would share the pain of seeing a $4000 gun actually be a $2000 gun because someone was an idiot.
    If the ugly initials slashed 2k off it, I'd buy it in a second. Closest thing to lubed metal sex I ever had was shooting a Python. Not a big wheel gun guy (have a 686 cuz its the law of gun guys one has to have at least one wheel gun) but if i was, I have a Python.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-23-18 at 16:15.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I wonder what guns from our Era will become the classic firearms of tomorrow.
    Interesting to think about.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    If the price was right for me I would buy it too. My dad bought a new Colt government in 1968. It's still in great shape but to him it was a pistol plain and simple and he intended to defend his family with it. A veteran of WW2 he cleaned it as he was taught and modified it to his liking with a trigger shoe, trigger job and the infamous scratch below the slide catch... It's is mine now and remains as I got it. Of course now it's somewhat of a classic as many common firearms of our day will be someday...
    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Just a thought/question... it may be possible that a milsurp weapon MAY have been involved in a shooting.
    Just thinking.

Feedback Score
    This thread is nearly three years old.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Gun could have possibly have been used in a shooting. I have read stories of year past, or more likely decades past, where the officer would create the chain of custody at the scene doing what is on the side of that revolver. If it could be linked to a specific shooting, that was high-ish profile, or had some history, it could be possibly worth more.
    I believe this is the most plausible explanation, it’s probably a case number or evidence locker identification number. The poor Colt doesn’t look like a service revolver based on the barrel length. Agency marked firearms I have owned or handled had much cleaner and more uniform markings, stamped not engraved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast