Thread: Need a front rest

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Need a front rest

I am looking for a front rest recommendation that will be suitable for concrete top table use. I have been considering the Caldwell BR rest as a possible contender. It seems that the other rests offered by Sinclair precision for example rapidly climb into hundreds of dollars. I have no problem recognizing and buying quality. If the Caldwell product is truly what you pay for than I will pass on it.

This rest must do well for sighting in hunting rifles. I also have a 6BR light varmint class rifle that is begging to get more use.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a couple of the Caldwell products and have no complaints. Both of mine are simpler models (non-BR) as I wanted better portability and storage. Construction is aluminum and simple, but sturdy. I think that for hunting rifles they will be more than adequate. I’ve shot small groups out of very accurate rifles with mine but use a rear bag to make minor adjustments.

Feedback Score
    I bought a "Rock Jr." for $30 or so, and it's been everything I wanted...

Feedback Score
    The Sinclair light weight front restive I use. Link below I believe its $169. I had a Caldwell but it was to darn heavy for me.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...nt=749-008-078