Thread: USAF to adopt Army's OCP camo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

USAF to adopt Army's OCP camo

About damn time. Get rid of that awful pseudo-tiger stripe pattern:

WASHINGTON, D.C. (AFNS) -- Air Force leaders announced the service will move to a single combat utility uniform, adopting the Operational Camouflage Pattern, or OCP, already in use by the Army and Airmen in combat zones and in certain jobs across the Air Force.

http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Displ...ombat-uniform/

Feedback Score
    About friggin time..... The ABU was a horrible gift from some moron USAF Good Idea Fairy that should have never happened. I hated that uniform and it permanently creased sleeves. Yes, the sleeves had perm-creases because some upper NCO or officer thought it was a neat thing to do.....
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    It was only a matter of time. I'm no longer in, but wearing my ABU pants out on a ruck session will feel distinctly "retro" now (like BDUs before that)
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Probably the only camo uniform I can think of whose stated primary purpose was not to provide concealment but to be "distinctive". Moronic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have seen stranger things in China, Malaysia, etc., there are plenty of places where the use of camouflage patterns is solely as a uniform without the purpose of or properties necessary for concealment. I never did get around to snagging any of the stranger ones. ABU had the distinction of being not the absolute worst at its nominal purpose, though I have seen women's spring blouses with better attributes.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Probably the only camo uniform I can think of whose stated primary purpose was not to provide concealment but to be "distinctive". Moronic.
    You know about the Navy's navy-blue digital camo monstrosity, right? It only hides you in the water, and it's not something you'd wear if you intend to go in the water.

Feedback Score
    Really this shit is getting out of control. I remember when the Marine Corps went digital. At that point, those of us that had already been in for awhile were pretty reluctant to change. Mostly b/c we had to pay for the damn things out of our own pockets. We all held out as long as we could until our company 1st Sgt threatened to sand blast our skin if we didn't buy them.
    Last edited by Jewell; 05-15-18 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    You know about the Navy's navy-blue digital camo monstrosity, right? It only hides you in the water, and it's not something you'd wear if you intend to go in the water.
    If I was in the Navy and my ship sunk, leaving me floating out there, the last damn thing I'd want to look like is water!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    its the Army’s fault in the first place that the Air Force had to adopt the ABU. If they never would have retarded the ACU so friggin badely, than we probably could have just followed suit.

Honestly when i deployed i was rocking OCP, but if i had to choose between ABU or ACU the Airmans uniform is way better for hiding in cubicles or proning out on the flight line.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Woodland pattern and the Chocolate Chip desert BDUs were fine.
    After the second or third day of constant wear they were only better.
    What looks good in garrison shouldn't determine what works best in the field.
    Once they're dusty, sweaty and muddy they're better camouflage.