Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which mount cant; 0moa or 20moa?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We use that wheeler bubble kit. It works good. In a pinch, I've just used extra magnetic levelers from Harbor freight.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I just use bubble levels to get the scope close. I then verify level and plumb with the reticle using a known, marked crosshatch in the shop.

I use a cheap set of bubbles like these.

https://www.amazon.com/Gunsmith-Leve...s=Bubble+level

The Spuhr wedge system is the easiest and most foolproof system, but it only works with rings.

https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/spares/a-0080-81.html
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 05-16-18 at 13:02.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    Feeler gauges are all you need to level a scope

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The flashlight method has always served me well.

Level the rifle, make sure that it is secure (sandbags and locking the rotation on the bipod usually does the trick.

Shine a flashlight through the objective lense back through the scope so that the light comes out of the ocular lense.

It will project an image of your cross hairs onto the wall behind the rifle.

Hang a plumbob to determine if the cross hairs are level, adjust as needed.

No matter which of the methods you use, if you are really serious about getting the scope level, you need to make sure to test it.

Good Luck!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post

Level the rifle, make sure that it is secure (sandbags and locking the rotation on the bipod usually does the trick.

Shine a flashlight through the objective lense back through the scope so that the light comes out of the ocular lense.

No matter which of the methods you use, if you are really serious about getting the scope level, you need to make sure to test it.

Good Luck!
    That's a great idea!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    That's a great idea!

and cheap too!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We use that wheeler bubble kit. It works good. In a pinch, I've just used extra magnetic levelers from Harbor freight.
    The cheap Wheeler or harbor freight levels with a rifle level bubble US OPTICS , which should be on that gun. If not get that level if you plan to shoot 500 plus. You need to level your gun while shooting.

Hope that helps.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post

Good Luck!
    I use this method too. It is also a great way to check that your reticle is level within the scope.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Absolutely, this way you KNOW that the reticle is level to the rifle, regardless of the orientation of the scope itself.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    MIL/MIL. 20 MOA if the majority of the shooting is going to be done past 500y/m with the 5.56. You don't need bubble levels... just use the feeler gauge method or even playing cards as shims to level the underside of the scope body (where its machined flat) level with the Scope mount itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12