Thread: Apex vs. Pyramid triggers for Glock

Feedback Score

Apex vs. Pyramid triggers for Glock

I'm planning on doing some upgrades to my EDC Glock 19. I was originally going to just go with an Apex trigger and enhancement kit, but yesterday, a co-worker strongly recommended the Pyramid trigger system from Glock Store. Again, this would be for my carry gun, not competition. Anyone with experience with both? Is the Pyramid worth the extra money?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Isn’t pyramid adjustable? I’d suggest non adjustable in a carry gun and leaving the stock connector to keep the pull weight up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Carry gun I would leave as is. Reliability is paramount and I simply would not trust aftermarket parts in my carry gun. If you have trouble managing the stock trigger the key is practice. Take a look at some videos of Andrea Boone shooting plate racks in sub 2 seconds with a stock glock- they are more than adequate out of the box. As a general rule striker fired guns ARE harder to master in regards to trigger management but they can be mastered

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I'm planning on doing some upgrades to my EDC Glock 19. I was originally going to just go with an Apex trigger and enhancement kit, but yesterday, a co-worker strongly recommended the Pyramid trigger system from Glock Store. Again, this would be for my carry gun, not competition. Anyone with experience with both? Is the Pyramid worth the extra money?
    I have Apex and Overwatch. Honestly, they all feel about the same. Will you ever appreciate the difference? I Doubt it.

For example, I tested myself between the Glock 34 and 19 at 5 IDPA targets, two shots each. Accuracy and time were so close, it was negligible. I thought the 34 would win hands down. It was only 10 yards, though. I’ll have to try further out tomorrow in the backyard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Sorry this wasn’t for Glock, but I did shoot an apex in a S&W. It was extremely nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've got the full APEX kit in a G19 that is my primary CCW and I'm quite happy with it. It does not make the trigger feel at all like a competition trigger or anything like that, just makes it feel like a smooth decent trigger. And I'm partial to flat triggers, so I like that aspect of the AEK. I measured the pull weight on mine not too long ago and it was still about 5.5lbs, so the factory weight was not really reduced. Also, the reset did not feel any different than it did with factory parts. I've had zero reliability issues with it since installing it about a year and a half ago.

Feedback Score
    I think you'd be crazy to put that into a carry gun. Glock Store mostly sells trinkets to low information gun owners. Pyramid is their house brand. I have never met a single good shooter with a Glock that used a Pyramid product.

If your concern is performance, enroll in a few pistol courses with vetted instructors.

If you just absolutely must buy something, Apex, TTI, Vanek, Glocktriggers.com, Overwatch Precision or DK Custom.
    Last edited by hopetonbrown; 05-16-18 at 18:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetonbrown View Post
    I think you'd be crazy to put that into a carry gun. Glock Store mostly sells trinkets to low information gun owners. Pyramid is their house brand. I have never met a single good shooter with a Glock that used a Pyramid product.

If your concern is performance, enroll in a few pistol courses with vetted instructors.

If you just absolutely must buy something, Apex, TTI, Vanek, Glocktriggers.com, Overwatch Precision or DK Custom.
    Performance is not really an issue with me. I shoot just fine with the stock trigger. It’s more that I like customizing and tinkering with every tool and piece of machinery that I own.

I was leaning towards Apex as I had great luck with their D/C AEK in my M&P45.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee