Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question About When Someone Goes Bye-Bye

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Okay, so I'll put everyone to sleep with this story.

Since I was a kid I've wanted three hats:
    ...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Okay, everyone can wake back up now.
    So what were you saying l? You like three hats? What hats?
    🤤🤤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    3. Green Safari hat with puggaree. All the Tarzan and jungle movies, plus my girlfriend loves animals and zoos, etc. The safari hat fit right in. If you're ever in Southern New Mexico and you see a fifties-ish guy wearing a green safari hat with puggaree like in the old safari movies: it's probably me. I always was more Indiana Jones than cowboy, so the safari hat has kind of become "my" headgear of choice, just like Bill Dance wears the baseball cap with the "T" on it.

I hear you, being a Texan I'm supposed to like, own, and wear a ten gallon "cowboy" hat. I haven't worn or owned a cowboy hat since I use to play cowboys and indigenous peoples with cap guns as a kid.

I always wear a hat if I am going to be outdoors for an extended period of time. Ball caps usually give me a pressure headache, even when I wear adjustable hats. My latest trucker cap is so loose it would take flight if a gust of wind kicked up. But for serious sun protection I don a boonie style hat, my favorite hats and gloves are made by Outdoor Research. I like their Seattle Sombrero and Helios sun hat.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

I hear you, being a Texan I'm supposed to like, own, and wear a ten gallon "cowboy" hat. I haven't worn or owned a cowboy hat since I use to play cowboys and indigenous peoples with cap guns as a kid.

I always wear a hat if I am going to be outdoors for an extended period of time. Ball caps usually give me a pressure headache, even when I wear adjustable hats. My latest trucker cap is so loose it would take flight if a gust of wind kicked up. But for serious sun protection I don a boonie style hat, my favorite hats and gloves are made by Outdoor Research. I like their Seattle Sombrero and Helios sun hat.
    Outdoor Research makes some really good stuff. Stuff that works. I have some gloves and other items that are just solid pieces of gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Ball caps usually give me a pressure headache, even when I wear adjustable hats. My latest trucker cap is so loose it would take flight if a gust of wind kicked up. But for serious sun protection I don a boonie style hat, my favorite hats and gloves are made by Outdoor Research. I like their Seattle Sombrero and Helios sun hat.
    Akubras for me. I take the military Akubra slouch hat and carefully remove the hardware that lets you pin the brim up on one side (why have a brimmed hat if you're going to pin one side up?). Then I order the actual authentic puggaree from Lawrance Ordnance (spelling is correct), and ditch the cheesy green pug that comes with the hat. It looks like something right out of the Johnny Weissmuller Jungle Jim movies. I did some research, and in a lot of the old safari/big game hunter photos from the late 19th to mid-20th centuries the headgear looks to me to be an Australian slouch hat just like mine. So I think I'm on solid ground in the authenticity department. I used to wear old safari hats from Banana Republic when they actually offered outdoor gear, but those are low-quality novelty hats compared to Akubras. Akubras are probably the only fur felt hat that will survive a nuclear war.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This feels like I walked into a bar after a big scuffle, and everyone is so over the discussion of what just went down; So I learned a shite-ton about Hats and I am just left here, with google, like:

In srs, I learned a lot about Slouch Hats. I can finally say that and not want to gag myself with a spoon because of the hipster slouch beanies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12