Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Industries Combat Rail Handguard

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    QD sockets are anti rotation as stated in specs.
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Will ya'll be changing your other rails to this style barrel nut in the future? I really like the fact the new style barrel nut and attachment does not need glue, but I much prefer ya'lls lightweight G3 handguards (4 sides of MLOK and forward QD sockets).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepman1320 View Post
    Will ya'll be changing your other rails to this style barrel nut in the future? I really like the fact the new style barrel nut and attachment does not need glue, but I much prefer ya'lls lightweight G3 handguards (4 sides of MLOK and forward QD sockets).
    We have several new models coming out with this attachment system.
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Here mine is after I tossed on the Centurion Arms MLOK adapted rail covers.....

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I have a Christensen Arms forged receiver set, can I use the MI handguard without the anti-rotation tab? My only other option other than changing parts I'm using is to have a machinist cut grooves for the anti-rotation tab. Gave thought to using it without the tab, would I need to cut the tabs off and still have the section of the tab that sets between the ears of the guard in place to insure proper torque? Thoughts, just building a lighter weight fun gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love both my G3 handguards and have upcoming build and I would like to give this new one a try. My question is, what happened to FDE as a color option?

This rifle is for a buddy and he wants FDE. I don't know if it is a deal breaker to him because he also really like my MI handguards but black only?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIGIN View Post
    I love both my G3 handguards and have upcoming build and I would like to give this new one a try. My question is, what happened to FDE as a color option?

This rifle is for a buddy and he wants FDE. I don't know if it is a deal breaker to him because he also really like my MI handguards but black only?
    Don't know why they dropped the FDE option. I went black to work with the Tungsten Grey Cerakote on the receivers. Issue is I am using what some call "M4E1" or "enhanced" or even billet receivers (Christensen Arms receivers are not billet, they are forged.) The upper is beefier up front (and other spots) so the anti rotation devices many handguards use do not clear. After a suggestion from a friend I may just use a riser for the optics and have it function as the anti rotation device. I am going for lighter weight on this gun (last build was more of a longer range gun and is far from light weight) but the added weight of a riser won't be enough to break the scales.

So any ideas or suggestions folks? Your way of doing things might be what I am looking for! I know guys, its not milspec using enhanced receivers, but this is a recreational gun, I have others that are business. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast