Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Industries Combat Rail Handguard

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Mine is the light weight barrel as far as I recall. The overall weight and feel is quite good, even with the 1-4 scope up top.
    Not to derail the thread too much, but which reticle is your Accupower and what do you think of the optic overall?

Feedback Score
    Why are rails 6061 vs 7075 like receivers?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We and most all other hand guard makers use T6 6061 for hand guards . It is the the best balance for strength , ease of machining and finishing. It does everything real well for its requirements and is less expensive than 7075.
    thanks

Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    Looking for some long term durability feedback on these? I’m building a 11.5” sbr and to be honest started looking at these because Geissele doesn’t make a 10.5” rail. I’m intrigued by the MI design though and how light they are.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Looking for some long term durability feedback on these? I’m building a 11.5” sbr and to be honest started looking at these because Geissele doesn’t make a 10.5” rail. I’m intrigued by the MI design though and how light they are.
    I put one of the 12.625" Combat rails on a spare upper I had lying around last summer. I haven't tortured it, but it's seen a couple thousand rounds in all kinds of conditions. The gas block on carbine length systems is right underneath where I grip the rail and it does get fairly warm, especially last summer in 95 degree heat. I put some Magpul type 2 covers on it and it's G2G.

Now that they have an 11.5" Combat rail available, I'm gonna buy one for my 12.5" upper I'm building.

Feedback Score
    Will the Geissele Super Gas Block fit under the rail? I have an extra gas block, and looking to use it in spare upper I am building.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    Will the Geissele Super Gas Block fit under the rail? I have an extra gas block, and looking to use it in spare upper I am building.
    I know my Gen3 MLok Rail interfered with my Geissele Super Gas Block. I was using a 16" DD barrel and the bottom portion of the GB was deflecting on the rail. I switched over a Troy GB and there was more clearance and no more deflection. I don't know if the ID are the same between the two.

Feedback Score
    I don't recall the exact weight of the guard, but the 16" mid length gun with optics weighs in at 8.01 lbs using that handguard, but it is 2/3 the weight of others I looked at.
    "You might shoot better with a better gun, but a better gun doesn't make you a better shooter" ....... (me)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxtech View Post
    I don't recall the exact weight of the guard, but the 16" mid length gun with optics weighs in at 8.01 lbs using that handguard, but it is 2/3 the weight of others I looked at.
    Weight is a big selling point. I’m considering using this over a Colt 11.5 FBI barrel with a shaved FSP. Any thoughts as to if this would clear that barrel?
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Weight is a big selling point. I’m considering using this over a Colt 11.5 FBI barrel with a shaved FSP. Any thoughts as to if this would clear that barrel?
    If you massage your FSB grind job it will clear . You will still have to unpin the FSB and remove it to get the barrel nut on.

Troy
    MI

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast