Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Industries Combat Rail Handguard

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIGIN View Post
    I love both my G3 handguards and have upcoming build and I would like to give this new one a try. My question is, what happened to FDE as a color option?

This rifle is for a buddy and he wants FDE. I don't know if it is a deal breaker to him because he also really like my MI handguards but black only?
    I specifically asked MI this in an email and they said that too many customers complained about the color not matching their other FDE parts. Fussy "my FDE needs to match perfectly" Nazis I guess...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    That's a trip. Is that to give California the warm fuzzys.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Whats the difference between the Slimline and the Combat Rail?
    Will the 12.625 rail work with a 12.5 barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Whats the difference between the Slimline and the Combat Rail?
    Will the 12.625 rail work with a 12.5 barrel?
    The combat rail has seven sides of m lok and a slightly different look and shape than the slim line hand guard. I would not run a 12.625 on a 12.5 inch barrel I would rum a 10.5
    thanks
    Troy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That's a trip. Is that to give California the warm fuzzys.

Not in my mind, it is just another exciting option in the magical world of AR15s. You can see the MI complete upper receiver group mates up well with it, and yes, that is the new rail we are talking about installed.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    The combat rail has seven sides of m lok and a slightly different look and shape than the slim line hand guard. I would not run a 12.625 on a 12.5 inch barrel I would rum a 10.5
    thanks
    Troy
    Not that anyone asked for my opinion, but I strongly agree.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    titsonritz,

Another view with the MI upper.... for anyone who has ever fired the M1, M14, 700 or similar platforms, this becomes immediately familiar feeling. With the obvious exception that it allows for much higher capacity feeding devices.

Stick

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    titsonritz,

Another view with the MI upper.... for anyone who has ever fired the M1, M14, 700 or similar platforms, this becomes immediately familiar feeling. With the obvious exception that it allows for much higher capacity feeding devices.

Thanks Stick. What is that lower? Have you done a review in the upper?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Thanks Stick. What is that lower? Have you done a review in the upper?
    The lower is from Fightlite, previously names Ares. It takes a bolt carrier and puts a rat tail on it just like a FAL does. The bolt is the same. I have not done a formal review on either yet.

PS- I just calibrated my monitor again, and the above is one of the worst pics I think I've ever posted...
    Stick

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast