Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Industries Combat Rail Handguard

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I missed this one earlier, and indeed it is a 16" w/ 14".

There is something about this configuration, with the balance and overall feel that it handles and conforms to me as a shooter better than it has any right to. It isn't often that a weapon hits that perfect point of everything, but this one really has. This may take place in the stable of "go guns" after I get some more ammo through it and can completely bless off on it.

@Stickman, is that a combat series rifle, complete upper or just a handguard? Very interested in hearing what you think. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC0352 View Post
    @Stickman, is that a combat series rifle, complete upper or just a handguard? Very interested in hearing what you think. Thank you.

It is the complete weapon, so far I’m really enjoying it. It has not had a massive round count, but most weapons tend to fail pretty early and this has had no problems. I’ve swapped out the stock for my own purposes.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It is the complete weapon, so far I’m really enjoying it. It has not had a massive round count, but most weapons tend to fail pretty early and this has had no problems. I’ve swapped out the stock for my own purposes.
    Nice! They look great and I was looking for 1st hand accounts on these. Might have to snag one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Stickman, I’ve been looking at a combat rail complete upper with that 14” rail because it’s the perfect length. Does yours have the lightweight or regular barrel?

Do you know what profile the regular barrel is? It just says Criterion 16” 223 wylde mid length on the website. Not sure if it’s the hybrid profile or what.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Stickman, I’ve been looking at a combat rail complete upper with that 14” rail because it’s the perfect length. Does yours have the lightweight or regular barrel?

Do you know what profile the regular barrel is? It just says Criterion 16” 223 wylde mid length on the website. Not sure if it’s the hybrid profile or what.
    Mine is the light weight barrel as far as I recall. The overall weight and feel is quite good, even with the 1-4 scope up top.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mine is the light weight barrel as far as I recall. The overall weight and feel is quite good, even with the 1-4 scope up top.
    Thank you sir. I think I’ll give one a try.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got my MI Combat Rail handguard several months ago. It is the 14" version used in conjunction with a Ballistic Advantage 16" .223 Wylde 1/8 twist SPR stainless steel midlength AR-15 barrel (Premium Series). It is topped off with the new MI Combat Rifle Sight Set (MI-CRS-SET).

I have several MI free-float handguards and the Combat Rail handguard is every bit as good as the others. The Combat Rail is nice in that it is minimal and allows for greater flexibility in mounting M-LOK accessories.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    4.5 and 8.0 inch models should be available by the end of this weeks.
    thanks

Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    4.5 and 8.0 inch models should be available by the end of this weeks.
    thanks

Troy
    MI
    In stock

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast