Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My current favorite adjustable stock is a MagPul CTR that I modified. I prefer a buttpad angle that's closer to 90 degrees, so I made a wedge to go between the pad and the stock. Then, I glued a spacer from a Magpul Fixed Length Carbine stock to make the comb just a little longer. This is to keep my face from contacting the aluminum of the RE. The aluminum gets really cold in the winter and it's distracting when my cheek hits the metal. Stocks with wider combs feel awkward to me. The width of the CTR is about right. I don't pay much attention to rattly stocks, but when the locking lever is in place, the CTR fits the RE snugly.

Here the CTR is mounted to a Colt 6913

My second favorite is a modified Magpul SL. I extended the comb of this stock as well for the same reasons. I'm debating whether or not to make a wedge to change the buttstock angle. The SL fits the RE snugly eliminating rattle doesn't rattle and also has a normal width comb.

Here it is mounted to a Colt M4A1

I learned a trick from a shooting instructor I know to eliminate beard plucking. He cuts bicycle tubing into sections and places them to cover the spot where the front of the stock meets the RE. He said he does this because he looks silly with one side of his 'stache plucked short.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acb1499 View Post
    Magpul ctr is the best imo, basically space age materials, they’re a secret and can deal with extreme conditions
    Space age secret materials huh?

Anyways....

I do find the CTR to be a nice stock, but I have always been partial to the fit, quality, and feel of the Sopmod Bravo. I do not know if it contains any space age materials or secrets, but it works well as a stock on a rifle that get's beat up from time to time.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    CTR and Imod are my favorites. Magpul hit it out if the park with the CTR and MOE version. I see more of those on rifles than anything. I bet its their best selling stock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I haven't used a whole lot of different kinds.

Been running a MFT Battlelink minimalist on my primary for over a year now. Really like it: light, very tight fit on the RE, rubber buttpad so no-slip (important to me). All I need and nothing more.

Gonna be trying out a plain ole'Magpul MOE soon on another build. I like it so far.

Feedback Score
    Elftman is making a very simple somewhat clever stock.
    Not much there, very light. Butpad only
    Check out Elftmann triggers site

Feedback Score
    I've switched to running Magpul SL's pretty much exclusively. I do have 2 LMT sopmods that I like the quality construction and fit of, but not the bulk. For me, I like the simplicity, lightweight, and no nonsense design of the SL. In my experience, the fit is just snug enough on the extension to not rattle and not so tight that it is annoying to adjust when I need to.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Magpul MOE-SL
    B5 Bravo
    MFT BMS

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm eating a steak as I type this, rare, just as the good Lord intended for them to be eaten, and I don't like the Rogers Super Stock so that's one more meateater who doesn't like them.

I'm running a CTR with the extended buttpad on my AK. I'm running B5 Bravos on a couple different ARs and I'd have to say they're my preference. For pistols, the SBA3 is the brace that all others should be judged by.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    BCM Gunfighter stocks. The standard ones on RDS rifles, the ones with the wide body on scoped rifles.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've tried a few different types and honestly I kind of like the old CAR style stock the best because of its light weight and compact size. I currently use collapsible stocks on lightweight, iron sighted guns, and use fixed stocks on my heavier, optically sighted ARs , so the CARs work well for what I use them for.
    At some point I intend to build an SBR for use with an optic though and will probably give one of the BCM stocks a try.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 12-14-18 at 20:13.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast