Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by squid8286 View Post
    Mine is the Magpul SL. It lets me get a consistent cheek weld quickly, it doesn't rattle on the receiver extension, it's long enough for me, and it's pretty unobtrusive. A close second is the B5 Sopmod (without the battery tubes.)
    Just to clarify, the B5 SOPMOD has battery compartments the B5 Bravo does not. I like my LMT SOPMOD but sometimes prefer a lower profile stock the Magpul SL and B5 Bravo are the next two stocks I'm buying for that purpose.

I just can't help myself...
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    B5 Bravo is probably my favorite with Magpul SL a close 2nd.

So so on the BCM Gunfighter Mod 0. Some things I like about it, but the sling attachment is a negative in my opinion .

Never have really been a fan of A frame type stocks and less so after learning a piece of inner tube could be slipped on non A frames to keep the sling contained. I do like rubber butt pads when wearing a pack to reduce or eliminate slipping.

Feedback Score
    It was the B5 SOPMOD until I shouldered the STR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pubb View Post
    I am member of Snipers Hide and I can assure you that opinions presented as opinions appear there all the time. You'll know an opinion when you see it because it starts with the words, "I think..." or some variant thereof. Some may even start with the words, "In my opinion...".

And the "we don't discuss opinions because some rookie cop could get killed" is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on the Internet that didn't involve a cat or a Korean pop star. Police are issued specific equipment that they must use. Some departments may offer a choice for certain items, but even that is generally within a few pre-selected options. No department is going to allow an officer to just put whatever doodads on a department rifle. Maybe, as a meat-eater, you're used to being able to do whatever you wanted, because you know, rules don't apply to the Epsilon Force. "This is my safety", and all that.

Sniper's hide is of course just chock full of folks who were "on the teams". Maybe you would be better off there. Or maybe you would be better off if you just didn't try so hard.
    I joined Sh in 08. And it was a great sight, THEN! Their is a lot of knowledge on there, you just have to wade through a bunch of bs to find it. Their are/ were damn sure a few been there done that guys. After it went to scout though, the whole thing went to shit

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Magpul UBR helps bring the CG of a 20" AR further rearward and the cheek weld.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolman1974 View Post
    Magpul UBR helps bring the CG of a 20" AR further rearward
    Not by much
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Magpul MOE or CTR with their extended ribbed buttpad. The contour of the extended buttpad literally matches my shoulder perfectly in a shooting stance. It's wild. Cheek sits perfectly too. Maybe it's because it was the first stock on my first rifle, but I've tried others (SL, B5 Bravo, waffle, etc) and none fit me the same way.

All are perfectly usable though. The stock isn't an excuse for shitty shooting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I flip flop all the time between my BCM and CTR stocks. The BCM came tight from the factory, but over time it has developed a rattle (BCM carbine RE). Plus it’s just ugly as hell.

I’d put the CTR on in a heartbeat if only I could have an anti rotation QD socket in the back. Even more than rattle, I hate my sling getting twisted.

I don’t get hung up on cheek weld. The gunfighter is slightly better than the CTR but neither is anything to write home about. There is a noticeable weight difference between the two, but weight on the ass end doesn’t bother me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Since someone in this thread used the fact that Colt use to ship some of their rifles with Rogers Super stocks to try to somehow say they are superior stocks, I just noticed that Colt is shipping B5 Bravo stocks on their LE6920-EPR carbines.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Since someone in this thread used the fact that Colt use to ship some of their rifles with Rogers Super stocks to try to somehow say they are superior stocks, I just noticed that Colt is shipping B5 Bravo stocks on their LE6920-EPR carbines.

Well.. that make the B5 a SUPERIOR stock the . Because it’s on a Colt.

Gee golly Moose!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast