Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

Feedback Score
    I haven't found a reason to stray from the mil spec adjustable. I use the WOTG sling so no need for qd's. I will say that I have a BCM Mod 0 on a 16" middy and I like its firm lockup and cheek weld.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Magpul UBR 2. Solid, relatively lightweight for something so solid, consistent cheekweld and A5 buffer compatible.

Feedback Score
    Guess I’m used to the standard m4 waffle stock. Mostly that’s what I have and use. However, I do have one with a B5 sopmod bravo and I like it. Slight preference for the m4 waffle, though. Probably due to familiarity.

Feedback Score
    B5/LMT SOPMOD is my go-to. Love the cheekweld!
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by False Cast View Post
    I haven't found a reason to stray from the mil spec adjustable. I use the WOTG sling so no need for qd's. I will say that I have a BCM Mod 0 on a 16" middy and I like its firm lockup and cheek weld.
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    Guess I’m used to the standard m4 waffle stock. Mostly that’s what I have and use. However, I do have one with a B5 sopmod bravo and I like it. Slight preference for the m4 waffle, though. Probably due to familiarity.
    Then stick with them, their nice and cheap. Sometimes I kick myself in the ass for ever touching a Geissele trigger.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    LWRC compact is my go to stock body.
    Small, has extended cheek areas, light weight. A solid, no nonsense, modern adaptation of the Colt N1

https://www.lwrci.com/p-336-lwrci-co...ble-stock.aspx
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 05-16-18 at 20:36.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Magpul MOE SL-S, great ergos, solid, simply, works well with VLTOR A5 tube.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I Don’t like the bulk of the SOPMOD. Don’t like the angle of the buttplate on the waffle with front-heavy work guns. Hate the facial hair snagging of the VLTOR stock.

I like the CTR because the angle is tolerable (would prefer 90*), it does not have slop, and it stands up in a corner well. I like the CAR stock because it is lightweight and has that 90* angle that I like for front heavy guns. The CAR stock has graced most of my issued M4’s and variants, while the CTR is on my favorite personal gun. The MOE is on my .22LR.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    LWRC compact for SBR and carbine length guns with red dots designed to play offense.

Magpul STR for Reece and SPR type guns with magnified glass designed to play defense.

I have a BCM stock on one gun and I am about to get rid of it. The female sling socket does not have enough freedom of movement. LWRC got this right. The sling socket stops are set in an X rather than a + and allows the sling to correctly blouse over the shoulder no matter how the shooter is holding the gun. Everyone else including BCM and Magpul get this wrong.

I could care less about exposed adjustment latches or friction lock levers. The crane sopmod stock is outdated and has been superceded by the Magpul STR.

I also don’t use the battery storage feature. Batteries are extra shit that belong in an administrative pouch attached to field gear.
    Last edited by scottryan; 05-16-18 at 21:28.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I really like the Car15 stock, as it is compact, light weight, and unobtrusive. I used to exclusively run Vltor stocks due to their quality construction, tight lock up, and pleasant cheek weld. That being said, I've started to take a more minimalist approach to my rifle setup. My current go to gun has a cheap fiberlite N1 replica stock, and it is by far my favorite. The SOPMOD AND Vltor stocks all seem really bulky in comparison, and I plan to phase all of mine out as soon as I can find more N1 style stocks.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast