Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

Feedback Score
    CTR for a traditional adjustable stock. But the facial hair ripping drives me toward the UBR.

Feedback Score
    I use a b5 bravo. The cheek weld is perfect for my 1-4x.
    Never had an issue with m4 stock and rds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

I love the BCM stock, I don’t have the tension issues, I think that the BCM stock is the best compromise between cheek weld and weight. I don’t need storage in my stocks, as I already have them in my grips, and VFG.

With that said I’ve tried most other stocks mentioned, I’ve learned a few things:

Magpul stock suck for cheekwelds, and I hate when I have to pull that little cross bar to remove or install them.

Sopmod stocks got the best cheekweld but weigh more than a aircraft carrier boat anchor.

B5 Enhanced was cool without the storage of the sopmod, just not my favorite(one of my guns still has one).

Vltor stocks the EMOD, and Imod were both way too tight on the buffer tubes, even after sanding down the inside, to the point where it wasnt worth the effort, and I’m a clean shaven dude, and those would even pull my stubble, quick nope.

The BCM just checks all the boxes for me without any of the negatives, they just work.
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 05-16-18 at 23:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by False Cast View Post
    I haven't found a reason to stray from the mil spec adjustable. I use the WOTG sling so no need for qd's. I will say that I have a BCM Mod 0 on a 16" middy and I like its firm lockup and cheek weld.
    I have looked at others but there just is no reason not to spend the same amount on ammo instead. The mil spec is fine at my level.

Feedback Score
    It all about the cheek weld and the sight alignment that provides. For me the MagPul Moe SL does it just right.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Started out with an ACS-L. Pulled on my beard so I pulled it off. It's seeing good service today though. From there I went through the STR's, CTR's before settling on the Vltor EMod. They just really work for me. Some however, pull the crap out of my beard. I guess I'm learning to live with it because I'm still buying them!

1. Vltor EMod/UBR Gen 2
    2. Magpul SL-S (Managing battery removal on this stock is sooooooo much easier than my LMT or B5's.)
    3. LMT SOPMOD/B5 SOPMOD Enhanced (I have yet to tell the difference when shooting my AR's equipped with either.

I find the type and purpose of the weapon drives my stock choice. (usually) For example on my 308 battle rifle and precision AR's, I prefer the Vltor EMod or UBR Gen 2. With an A5 system, both have a LoP of almost 16" Plus the battery storage is better suited for the typical optics batteries I have - although I usually have the cargo mgt system in my Hogue grips with 2032's there also.

On SBR's I prefer lighter stocks like the Magpul SL-S or SOPMODs. Either the B5 Enhanced or the LMT. Honestly, when I'm shooting both I cannot tell the difference. Again, these are more suited for battery storage for the CQ optics I run on these rifles.

I don't have any BCM although I've heard they are super lightweight, I really don't get too excited over their offerings.
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 05-16-18 at 23:14.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    B5 SOPMOD and Bravos are my favorite. I never move mine.. all the way extended is how I roll.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My 5.56's rock BCM's but my 7.62 has a B5.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    It all about the cheek weld and the sight alignment that provides. For me the MagPul Moe SL does it just right.

That's the ONE magpul adjustable that I'd try if I had to pick one. Very similar to the shape of the Imod that I like.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I just recently picked up a Magpul SL-S, and other than a Gen 1 UBR it's the only other Magpul stock I've used.. with that said, I wish I'd have bought one earlier on as it's quickly becoming my favorite stock. Heavy enough that it balances out a front heavy rifle (especially with a suppressor), cheek weld feels great, and it has an interior spring the puts pressure against the RE to keep movement to a minimum.

I also like the BCM SOPMOD Gunfighter stocks as well. The original version, although light weight, doesn't offer a very good cheek weld for me and I find my face "floating" when searching for the dot on an RDS. With the SOPMOD version I get a similar cheek weld to the SL-S or B5 Bravo while still keeping the weight down.

As others have said, it really depends on the rifles intended use as to which I decide to run.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast