Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Vltor Imod or the Magpul MOE SL. I like the overall weight and cheek weld of both. The Imod does pull on my beard so that can be a pain. Probably why the MOE comes first and then the Imod 2nd

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    All this talk about cheekweld

Its about as relevant to shooting as how "comfortable" a grip feels on a pistol is to actually running the gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    All this talk about cheekweld

Its about as relevant to shooting as how "comfortable" a grip feels on a pistol is to actually running the gun.
    Funny, you seem to have sold something because you didn’t like the feel, why didn’t you just run it?

Feedback Score
    Ergos do matter, otherwise we would all still be using those awkward stocks on the medieval matchlock guns. I realize it's a subjective thing, but if cheek weld isn't important, then neither is how solid it locks up, where the lever is, where the sling mount is, what type of butt pad it has, etc.

You could just run it with an old shoe sole glued to the receiver extension. That would work just fine. Why do you even need a stock?

ER-GO-NOM-ICS.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Funny, you seem to have sold something because you didn’t like the feel, why didn’t you just run it?
    The time it must have took to look through my posts to find that . Maybe you didnt get the *wink* with that small girl hands joke but it had nothing to do with feelings more of a compatibility issue with certain lowers/trigger guard combos, if you notice the mod 3 is a single molded piece with a fixed trigger guard extension.

If you're trying to point out Ive bought products based on "feel" before then you would be correct. And many times Ive been wrong and ended up with inferior products because they felt good at the time(the countless dollars wasted on different pistols for example). Now I know better and put things up against the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Ergos do matter, otherwise we would all still be using those awkward stocks on the medieval matchlock guns. I realize it's a subjective thing, but if cheek weld isn't important, then neither is how solid it locks up, where the lever is, where the sling mount is, what type of butt pad it has, etc.

You could just run it with an old shoe sole glued to the receiver extension. That would work just fine. Why do you even need a stock?

ER-GO-NOM-ICS.
    I agree ergos are important, thats why everyone likes AR-15s in the first place. However look where we're at. We have a 5 page thread about how stocks "feel". Dont you think we've gone too down into the weeds of minutae? There's nothing even educational about a subject like this since stocks are all personal preference. Buy any stock from Magpul, BCM, Vltor, B5 and you're good to go. No need to keep worrying about it.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 05-17-18 at 14:58.

Feedback Score
    We have a 5 page thread about how stocks "feel". Dont you think we've gone too down into the weeds of minutae? There's nothing even educational about a subject like this since stocks are all personal preference. Buy any stock from Magpul, BCM, Vltor, B5 and you're good to go. No need to keep worrying about it.
    Discussions of feel are valuable if they point out the WHY of a person's preference (note thread title). If a person posts "I like this stock because of the feel" then that's useless, but if that same person posts "I like this stock because it has the right cheek weld for my eyes to naturally line up with the RDS", then that's valuable information.

I agree, as with any thread there is a lot of fluff, but that goes with the territory. Detailed answers are always preferred over simple votes. I wish everyone would give the why's and wherefore's of their preference.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

The time it must have took to look through my posts to find that . Maybe you didnt get the *wink* with that small girl hands joke but it had nothing to do with feelings more of a compatibility issue with certain lowers/trigger guard combos, if you notice the mod 3 is a single molded piece with a fixed trigger guard extension.

If you're trying to point out Ive bought products based on "feel" before then you would be correct. And many times Ive been wrong and ended up with inferior products because they felt good at the time(the countless dollars wasted on different pistols for example). Now I know better and put things up against the clock.
    what I was trying to point out, in all honesty it was just about your holier than thou attitude that I had the issue with, and about finding that post, I’m on Tapatalk, literally less than 20 seconds I scrolled down and stopped was the second thing I saw in the started by section, no effort required.
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 05-17-18 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I keep coming back to my Vltor Imod, the cheek weld is very good.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    what I was trying to point out, in all honesty it was just about your holier than thou attitude that I had the issue with, and about finding that post, I’m on Tapatalk, literally less than 20 seconds I scrolled down and stopped was the second thing I saw in the started by section, no effort required.
    Maybe my bluntness is somehow being mistaken as superiority? If thats so then thats not my intent. Ive been in this game long enough to have made magnitudes of purchasing mistakes which I then would have to sell at a loss, as you pointed out.

I call it minutae because Ive literally never found a situation where I would pick up an AR with a B5 SOPMOD then pick up an AR with Magpul MOE and say "I cant find my dot because the cheekweld sucks." Shit like that only happens with things like wirestocks on a folding AK, not with an AR. So I question what people are actually doing with their ARs to even have this problem? Or that people even have the notion TO BLAME A STOCK for having poor consistency.

Is that what we do now? "Looks like your consistency and presentation sucks, you sir could use a stock with a better cheekweld!" Is this what we've come to?

I think its great that these days we can build a product to solve every problem, but sometimes you shouldn't and just shoot the damn gun.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 05-17-18 at 18:43.

Feedback Score
    Magpul STR for me by a wide margin.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast