Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MI Combat Handguards

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I installed the handguard and centurion rail covers tonight! I put these on my rainier arms mountain upper 16 in.

This thing feels amazing!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Put my spikes lower on it, has all fde stuff.

Surefire m300c and an aimpoint pro it will be all ready to go!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Researching changing out my Handguards, how have these held up? And is that the 14” on the 16?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye_Tyler View Post
    Researching changing out my Handguards, how have these held up? And is that the 14” on the 16?

Thanks
    Mine has held up fine, I have zero complaints.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I’ll be honest, if Geissele made a 10.5” rail I would have bought that for my new 11.5” build. But they don’t.

Instead I went with this rail based in numerous positive reviews. It’s really light and ridiculously easy to install. Coming from quad rails I’m still getting used to the slim feel. It feels very solid, and being a short length, I cant see how it wouldn’t be rugged enough for most applications.

Even with a heavy Colt FBI barrel, my build is under 7lbs with an Aimpoint Pro and Vickers sling. No light or BUIS yet but I may still be able to be under 7lbs.

Those Centurion rail guards look great and I think I may pick some up
    Last edited by OldState; 05-18-20 at 13:18.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Just reading thru some of these old threads and though I would chime in... I have found the MI Combat Rails to be VERY well built and Light... Ask an old Infantryman if he wants to add weight to a rifle....

I honestly think these are built better than many of their competitors' They seem that way to me anyway....
    The C/S at MI has been very responsive and GtG in my experience.

I wouldn't hesitate to say they are my go to rail...

Just my $ 0.02 ...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree completely. These rails are solid and install very well. They are also priced very competitively as compared to the more talked about boutique options available. I don't hesitate to buy their stuff.

After looking at a ton of other options, I put their 2 piece drop in on the two LE6920 OEM2's that already had GI barrel nuts installed and I wasn't going to mess with the shaved FSB. Everything went together perfectly and both are extremely solid.

I've also used their CRLW and ULW rails on a few builds. They feel great in hand and are very light weight.

Last edited by HKGuns; 02-20-22 at 10:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mine, as well as the newer Night Fighter rail continue to impress me.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Mine, as well as the newer Night Fighter rail continue to impress me.
    I think the Night Fighter's longer barrel nut is the way to go.

As manufacturers whittle off the cruciform shape of the Picatinny rails for a lower profile they sacrifice some rigidity. The Night Fighter's longer nut helps to control deflection with a skinnier tube (your laser isn't going to deflect with sling or barricade pressure).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    As manufacturers whittle off the cruciform shape of the Picatinny rails for a lower profile
    I wish they’d stop that arms race.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123